Proper water pressure and regulator

KyleC

Okay here we go. I've seen multiple post as of late about the typical brass 40 psi water regulator. I remember reading/watching that 40 was the max for the camper. And now I'm seeing different numbers fly around. I have a heartland prowler travel trailer. Don't know if rvs are built different that travel trailers to handle more pressure?!?

I am new to this and am not impressed with the water pressure in the shower/outside shower and sinks.

Sooooo....let hear it.

1. What's your pressure

2. What regulator do you use

3. Any adverse effects one way or the other

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx

RickL

I purchased an adjustable pressure regulator with a gauge from RV Water Filter store on line. I have it adjusted to 60 psi as if it is low 50’s/high 40’s I feel the pressure is to low especially when taking a shower. I haven’t seen any issues at 60 psi and feel it’s a good setting.

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Okay here we go. I've seen multiple post as of late about the typical brass 40 psi water regulator. I remember reading/watching that 40 was the max for the camper. And now I'm seeing different numbers fly around. I have a heartland prowler travel trailer. Don't know if rvs are built different that travel trailers to handle more pressure?!?

I am new to this and am not impressed with the water pressure in the shower/outside shower and sinks.

Sooooo....let hear it.

1. What's your pressure

2. What regulator do you use

3. Any adverse effects one way or the other

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx

Good Morning;
I am also new to camping as of February and full time to boot. With that being said, I purchased a pressure regulator with a gauge so that I am able to control the pressure going to my camper. I found that in my 2018 25RLSS that higher water pressure causes the water to bypass my water pump and into my fresh water tank. So I maintain a constant water pressure of 40 psi to keep that from happening and it works for me. Now, we also replaced the shower head to an Oxigenics head and it not only conserves water but it seems to multiply the pressure also. If you are interested in the setup I have I will get more information on the products and send them to you, just PM me.

Welcome to Heartland and if there is anything else I may be able to help with, just ask.

CoveredWagon

Same regulator as the others, set to 40 psi AFTER the water filters. Now the Bighorn may have a different shower head,which is perfectly acceptable, but the outside shower is 🤔 hmmmmm questionable. Anyway I guess maybe one of those Oxygenetics (sp) heads might help you out I’ve never used one. Look at their on line videos and make a decision.

Lynn1130

As I recall the manual that comes with the trailer mentions 100 psi as the "testing point" for the system but recommends lower.

There is a list, at the bottom of this page, of previous discussions on this topic. That may help also.

mlpeloquin

Oxygenetics shower head works well even with low pressure. Get one that has a larger head. Another note, purchase one of the cheep pressure regulators as a backup. You never know when you may need it. I finally did on this trip across the US. Got a new one waiting at my sister in law's for us.

avvidclif

I use the Watts regulator set on 50 lbs. It is connected at the faucet, I don't want high pressure blowing up my filter setup or anything else. I use the Oxygenics shower head and it's great. The problem with the small inline regulators is they won't flow enough water. If you have a pressure gauge install it after the regulator. Turn on the water and the gauge will probably show around 40-45 lbs of pressure with all faucets off. Now go turn on the shower and see what the pressure is, probably in the 20 lb range. See the problem?

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
One thing I have noticed is that when I use the standard brass regulator the pressure in the trailer is less than when we use our water pump from the fresh water tank.