Where is switch on trailer to switch from antenna to cable?

CindyMac

We just bought a used 2011 Elkridge from a dealership. At the campground we couldn’t get cable in. We had booster off and we couldn’t even get a signal from the antenna. Is there a switch somewhere to switch from cable to antenna? We have checked closets and cupboards but can’t find one?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Two thoughts: Did you go into the TV settings and change from antenna to cable?

Also, are you sure you are hooked to the correct incoming connector in the UDC? You probably have separate cable and satellite inputs. Must be connected to the cable input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Also, are you sure you are hooked to the correct incoming connector in the UDC? You probably have separate cable and satellite inputs. Must be connected to the cable input.

What Gus said. Where do you have the cable connected now. In the UDC or is there just an input coax jack on the exterior wall? Do you have any signal from the antenna when the booster is on. If not you may have a wiring problem. As a last resort, you can pass the cable through a window and connect it to the TV. This will tell you if the TV and/or Cable are working and that the cable you are using is good. Main thing is do what Gus said first if you have not.

Lou_and_Bette

We just bought a used 2011 Elkridge from a dealership. At the campground we couldn’t get cable in. We had booster off and we couldn’t even get a signal from the antenna. Is there a switch somewhere to switch from cable to antenna? We have checked closets and cupboards but can’t find one?

If by “booster” you mean a small button that will turn on/off a small red light, that is he antenna booster and when it is on, signals from the roof antenna are passed to the TV BUT will not pass cable signals. By the same token, when the booster is off it will pass signals from the outside cable connection to the TV BUT will not pass antenna signals. In other words, your booster is the switch used to select between TV and cable.

CindyMac

We took out the radio and found 2 black cables not connected to anything. I’m assuming they are the separate cable and satellite cables. The gray cable marked antenna was also not connected to splitter either. After connecting antennae we were able to get a few channels on the tv in living room but could not get anything in the bedrooms at all.