Odd water pooling issue

jesscmoore

Hello Heartland owners. Hoping you can help solve, or point me in the right direction, a weird water pooling issue. If this is the improper place for this thread, let me know, as I am unsure where else to post.

I have a 2013 North Trail LRSS26 I woke up with a soggy carpet at the front of the console, a wet carpet that I keep in front of the bed, and water seems to have gone under the console and pooled behind the console to the left of the bed. See image for specific sites. It has also seeped into the "basement" storage in the front left.

I don't see any water running from the bathroom or kitchen sink, no water leaking from the roof - very dry, no rain for a while.

Looking under the coach, I have two drips coming off the left side, not on the slide, but just above the areas for the tank drain. See attached.

From what I can deduce is that it's about a half gallon of water, not a major gusher, but so very suspect.

This has happened once before, it seems to happen a day or two after I shower (I rarely do inside the coach). It's Tuesday morning, and I showered Saturday morning. The time prior to this, less water had made only the carpet wet in front of the console. I had cleaned a spill on the carpet the day before and passed it off as water migrating to that point, but I think now was the same issue, as I had showered a day or so ahead of this.

At the time I was using the water tank and pump, versus the water in via city line. I had half a tank of fresh water, and had emptied the grey and black tanks Friday morning. Just trying to think of all of my recent water activities that may help. The water is more grey than clear. It's only me, so I wash dishes every other day, the more I think about it, it may be shower related, but there is no water seemingly coming from that side of the coach.

Again, many thanks for your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2814.jpg
    IMG_2814.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 61

Bones

Your shower is near there and you could be leaking from any point there. Is your tub raised above the floor a bit. it could be the trap leaking, the seal between the tub and your drain or it could simply be leaking from a rivet. It could also be coming from the cabinet. Does your water line come in at that point inside the cabinet on the left? is your pump in that cabinet? any one of those could be leaking. Hopefully someone who knows your model trailer a bit better can chime in.

jesscmoore

Bones, thanks for the brainstorm, yes, the tub is raised.

The water-in is near the cabinet, but I haven't used that for 2 months, just the fresh water tank. The water pump is on the right side of the rig, under the stove.

Also, i'm originally from Maryland, so "Hi, Hon."

Bones

Hi...

Next thought is you have a window over on the side with the cabinet. If by any chance your ac is running and the condensate is draining towards the window the window could be leaking somehow and your grayish water could be coming from the dirt on the roof

Bones

What do you have water related on the drivers side of the camper? Water inlet? Black tank clean out? Water heater? post some pictures of the area outside. You may have to remove some interior panels to hunt down your leaking.

jesscmoore

Checked under tub, dry as a bone, as well as near water pump.Here's a picture of the outside drivers side, the console is basically on the left side of the slide, the water is right in front where the side starts in the coach, but seeping into the carpet slightly in the slide. I'm on a slight incline, so water is going from right to left in the picture. The grey and black tanks are on the drivers side, valves being right under where the console is. It all isn't making sense with gravity.The black tank wash inlet is on the passenger side, I haven't used that since July (the rig was in service for 3 weeks for an axel repair, so there has been down time). Water heater is on the passenger side as well.Pulling out in a bit and going to dump the tanks, we'll see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_2816.jpg
    IMG_2816.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 29

Bones

You have an outdoor shower there. It may be leaking. You can check on your he outside to see if it has been depressed or it could be leaking on the inside.

olcoon

Outdoor shower hit me. On our Elk Ridge 5th wheel, we kept getting a sporadic leak in the basement. Didn't leak all the time, but when it did there was enough to make the carpet in there pretty wet...I could hit the floor with my hand and water would splash. Like you said maybe 1/2 gallon if that much. I thought the door was leaking, but sometimes it would do it without any rain. Finally one day I checked the valves on the outdoor shower and they were loose, and somehow the lever on the shower head was locked in the on position. That really puzzled me as we hadn't (and still don't) use the outdoor shower. I'd tighten the valves so tight I was afraid I'd break them, and next time I'd check they'd be loose again. I went to a big box store, and got some shut-off valves & installed them on the inside where the water line hooks up to the UDC. That took care of the problem, haven't had a leak since and that was about 7 years ago.

jesscmoore

Friends, I so appreciate this trouble shooting.

After I pulled out yesterday, I emptied the holding tanks, and all worked as expected. I pulled into a new campsite and hooked up to city water.

I woke up with more dampness: I did pull out a drawer on the opposite side of the console, and found a drip on the inside where the city water connects, it appears to be the clamp may be loose (going to fiddle with it now).

Checking the outside shower at that intersection on the inside and out (but the dang lock got stuck, so that was a hurdle), all is well there.

While I understand the city water drip is leading to current dampness, it suggests that there is a two-pronged issue, as this all started prior to hooking up to city water. I am generally deducing that there is a drain issue in the shower region prior to getting to the grey tank. Let me know if this new round of revelations leads to more ideas - thank you!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you have an access port in your shower, open it and check the connections to the faucet. They may be loose and the water running down the lines and dripping at the low point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jesscmoore

FYI, it is still dripping where the city water in is, but no water is coming in. Which may be the original issue, but to me that doesn't make any sense. I finally was able to connect with my RV guy, and he said that when the pump is on the city line still has pressure.I have since turned the pump off, still dripping, I guess it's a matter of waiting?To me it looks like I need to tighten the clamp, but have no idea the tool for this particular one. Not your typical philips head or flat head screwdriver.Again, any thoughts appreciated. This is almost like "Car Talk." Anyone want to throw a Puzzler in?

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2820_sm.mov
    1.5 MB

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The back side of the view in your picture will have a slot for a screw driver and/or will have a hex head to tighten with a small socket.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

The picture you posted is showing the bottom of the clamp. The screwdriver slot or nut to tighten the clamp is on the other side of the clamp. Looks like you need to twist the hose around to get to it. You may need to loosen the connection from the other side of the panel so you can turn it.

Jim M

danemayer

The pump output and city water are teed together so that either source can provide water to all the fixtures. So when using the pump, there's water in all the lines, including the line going to the city water inlet. The city water connection has a check valve that allows water to flow in one direction only. But if the hose and clamp have a leak, it'll leak whether on city water or while using the pump.

pegmikef

We're seeing the screw side of the clamp. A slow process might be to use a small vice grips or needle nosed pliers to turn the screw until the clamp is loose enough so you can see the head of the clamp. I know that doing this will only let you turn it in very small increments because of the tight space.