Thermostat will not change temp

Karen23

We just bought a 2019 3950fl and the first day the a/c in the kitchen stopped working. I tried starting it up and when I try to change the temp it does nothing. By accident I changed the display to Celsious from Fahrenheit. I called the dealer and they said if I switch back to Fahrenheit I should be ok. We don't get back to camp until Friday but I am skepitcal that this is going to work. Thought I would ask if anyone else had encountered this issue and what the remedy was? Thanks

danemayer

Hi Karen23,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sure someone will chime in with ideas for you, but it may be helpful to know which thermostat you have.

Karen23

Hi Karen23,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

I'm sure someone will chime in with ideas for you, but it may be helpful to know which thermostat you have.

Thank you. Yes I should have added that minor detail :) It is a Dometic Capacity Touch

kowAlski631

Yep, been there, done that (switch Fahrenheit to Celsius). Happened when one of us pushed the up and down buttons at the same time. Switched it back and all the planets realigned and we had cool air.

Hope it solves your situation.

Matt750

We just bought a Cyclone 4007 and haven't camped in it yet (except one night when we brought it home). I noticed that the bedroom thermostat sometimes worked when you "touched" it and sometimes it did not. I took the cover off and touched the metal contact points on the thermostat and it worked perfect every time, but when I went to replace the cover it would change to a different setting. I called Dometic and explained to them the situation. They said they have seen this before and will ship out a new cover (no-charge). That was this past Monday. Yesterday it came in the mail and they sent a whole new thermostat! Might be worth a call.

mrharte

Same thing happened to us, we were still at dealer 5 days ago, on back of cover there are small sponges, are temperature was stuck on 55, just have to separate so can make contact.