RESOLVED - Slides won’t retract

dieseldog

Hey folks,

Searched the threads but didn’t have any success with my issue. I had to do some work outside my dining room slide so I closed off all the valves but it. Went to retract the slide and the front jacks started retracting when I hit the switch! When I depressed the switch to extend the slide, the jacks went back up. My auto level functions normally and when I opened all the valves back up, none of the slides will retract. The only thing that works are the front jacks. I suspect something in the valve body has gotten stuck but haven’t found much luck finding anything on the internet. This is for a 2018 BH3970. Anyone have an idea or similiar issue?

Thanks!

BWStark

Re: Slides won’t retract

Ok, I’ve not had to move my slides manually but there is a tool that came with my 2017 bighorn that lets you do it manually with a drill. On mine this is located in the front compartment on the off side of the trailer. I have had good luck shearching on YouTube for how to references.

dieseldog

Yeah I’m trying to figure out why non of them will budge. The pump is running fine, battery voltage is good but only the legs retract or extend...using the switch meant to bring the slides in or out lol. I looked at all the fuses and they look fine too.

danemayer

If you get landing jacks moving while pressing on the slide switch, that means the valves to the landing jacks are open. And since you're not getting slide movement, the slide valves must be closed.

It seems too coincidental that you were opening and closing valves manually and now you have this problem. Maybe you should back up and run some experiments with the valves you were manually operating.

dieseldog

Well it’s fixed👍 One of the valves controlled by the new style solenoids apparently hung up so instead of routing the fluid to the slides, all I got was movement in the leveling feet. I swapped solenoids first with no success, verified good voltage when powered so I took the suspect valve loose, retightened it and presto...slides work like normal and no movement from the feet. One thing I did discover was the level up control in the nose was not tightened down completely and was tilted. Explains why during setup it always leaned to port but showed level haha. Hope this helps some else who developes a condition like this.

Id like to also say this BH3970 outside of the usual issues has been an absolute pleasure to own! It’s been rock solid and holding up great in the South Texas heat and blistering sun.

Thanks,

John