Bighorn - Insignia/Jensen Entertainment System

i4110peter

Can anyone tell me if the Jensen Radio/CD/DVD unit is connected to the Insignia TV? Both work independently. Unable to change the input on the TV. Acts like it does not see the Jensen as a device.Does this have anything to do with InLink? New BH3160 and lots to learn. Thanks.

jimtoo

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Insignia/Jensen Entertainment System

Hi i4110peter,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm sure someone will jump in with some good info for you soon.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

Thread moved to better area.

vpnman

Can anyone tell me if the Jensen Radio/CD/DVD unit is connected to the Insignia TV? Both work independently. Unable to change the input on the TV. Acts like it does not see the Jensen as a device.Does this have anything to do with InLink? New BH3160 and lots to learn. Thanks.

I just took possession of my BH 3160 and had similar issue. It looks like the Jensen is hooked up to HDMI 2 input on the TV. There is a HDMI connection in the storage area above the TV (also RCA), and that HDMI is connected to HDMI 1 on the TV. What I do not appear to be able to do is have the sound from TV as an input on the Jensen. So if I'm watching over-the-air TV, or have something connected directly into TV (HDMI 1), there's not audio return back to the Jensen. Going to investigate further this weekend.

I was able to put a DVD in the Jensen, turn on TV to input HDMI 2 and watch it.

Hope this helps. If anyone knows if there's an audio return back from TV to Jensen, please chime in!

Thanks,
Scott

danemayer

What I do not appear to be able to do is have the sound from TV as an input on the Jensen. So if I'm watching over-the-air TV, or have something connected directly into TV (HDMI 1), there's not audio return back to the Jensen. Going to investigate further this weekend.

Although a few people recently have reported factory install of audio from TV to surround sound, historically that has not been set up by the factory. There's no standardization of audio inputs and outputs on these devices.

If you look in the manuals (or on the back of the units) to see what audio outputs are on the TV and what audio inputs are on the Surround Sound, you can match things up by referring to our owner-written RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide.