Air not turning off in Bedroom

gslabbert5119

I have a Dometic Single Zone LCD Thermostat in my living area and another in my bedroom. The problem is with the bedroom, the air kicks on and the compressor is running as well as the fan and it is pumping cold air but the aircon does not switch off automatically, I have to do it manually, which is not the case for the main area unit.

I have cleaned and checked the ducts, I cleaned the filter and I went through the troubleshooting manual posted by Danemayer

Any ideas or suggestions, like maybe replacing the thermostat, and if that is the suggestion, which thermostat is recommended for a Dometic?

Thanks again ...

Gavin

Fox

This may (or may not) be an explanation: years ago my home unit also ran continuously. What I found was the contactor (another name for a heavy duty relay) had arc welded the (outdoor unit) contacts shut. I powered it down, checked for voltage, then using a thin fingernail file cleaned the contacts. It then worked, cycling on and off with the t'stat. The next day I replaced it.

gslabbert5119

Ok, its the Thermostat, now the unit in the main area does not turn off and the bedroom does.

What replacement thermostat is recommended?

Next question re: the dometic aircon units...

The airflow into the bedroom is very weak, and that unit is low profile.

I have only 2 small vents into the bedroom, surely I should be blasted with air movement in the bedroom similar to the main unit (which is not low profile)

Thoughts ideas and suggestions

Gavin

gslabbert5119

Thanks Jbeletti, much appreciated.

I took the cover off the bedroom aircon unit and removed the 4 screws (not 6) and found that I needed to tape the internals all up and did so to stop any leakage.
I did find the following wire handing loose, anyone have an idea if it is used and what for or just spare.

Gavin

Attachments

• IMG_2049.jpg
    IMG_2049.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 46

jbeletti

Gavin - the bedroom AC is often an option. The standard therefore is a vent fan. That wire, if flat, could be a thermostat wire for the vent fan.

Lou_and_Bette

Thanks Jbeletti, much appreciated.

I took the cover off the bedroom aircon unit and removed the 4 screws (not 6) and found that I needed to tape the internals all up and did so to stop any leakage.
I did find the following wire handing loose, anyone have an idea if it is used and what for or just spare.

Gavin

Gavin, if that wire hanging loose has a flat portion like the male part of a solderless connector, it is probably the freeze sensor probe. Look for a small area on the inside condenser fins where it looks like someone pinched a couple of the fins together...that is where this probe goes. Reinstall it and repinch to hold it in place.

plshilo

We had the same problem in the living room, I talked to Domestic they to Make Sure Fan Speed is Set to AUTO. I did that everything worked correctly. Also you can try to reset the thermostat from your owners manual. Hope this Helps......