SOLVED: Furrion Pre wired backup camera power issue

I'm having issues with hooking up the Furrion Pre-wired camera? Its supposed to be a "Plug and Play System". I have plugged, but no play...... Cigarette power cord for monitor came with a connector to test the camera. When I plug camera into that everything works great. However when I plug it into the back mount on the trailer I get nothing. Camera will not pair with the monitor. Trailer 7-way is plugged into my truck and truck is running. I have tried everything. Put truck in reverse, turned lights to every setting possible and each time the monitor will not pair with the camera. I have a 2019 Fuel 335, which is 40'-7" long and I pull it with a 2017 F350.

1. Is it possible the Pre-Wire wasn't connected correctly. Is there a wiring diagram that I could check to make sure camera is getting power?
2. Is the distance too long for the camera to pair?? I'm most worried about this possibility......
3. Is the aluminum body of the new fords causing problems? (Note that I did held the monitor out of the window several times, but still would not pair. Don't think this is the issue.)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Chris Middleton

jerryjay11

Re: Furrion Pre wired backup camera

I'd start with the pre-wired connection at the camera base to see if there is power. You could use a second vehicle or 12v power source to plug monitor in to check on the too long a distance, but doubt that is the problem. It really sounds like a trailer wiring issue.

pjones1969

I'm having issues with hooking up the Furrion Pre-wired camera? Its supposed to be a "Plug and Play System". I have plugged, but no play...... Cigarette power cord for monitor came with a connector to test the camera. When I plug camera into that everything works great. However when I plug it into the back mount on the trailer I get nothing. Camera will not pair with the monitor. Trailer 7-way is plugged into my truck and truck is running. I have tried everything. Put truck in reverse, turned lights to every setting possible and each time the monitor will not pair with the camera. I have a 2019 Fuel 335, which is 40'-7" long and I pull it with a 2017 F350.

1. Is it possible the Pre-Wire wasn't connected correctly. Is there a wiring diagram that I could check to make sure camera is getting power?
2. Is the distance too long for the camera to pair?? I'm most worried about this possibility......
3. Is the aluminum body of the new fords causing problems? (Note that I did held the monitor out of the window several times, but still would not pair. Don't think this is the issue.)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Chris Middleton

I had to put a 10a fuse in an empty fuse holder located in the front compartment (on a Cyclone)

Attachments

• 57A824AB-88F5-4201-9F0E-36950159618C.jpg
    57A824AB-88F5-4201-9F0E-36950159618C.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 96

It was the Fuse!!! Mine needed a 15amp. It's working now. It is a constant on, but not a big deal because we leave the camper plugged in all the time..

Thanks for the help pjones1969!!