Question on locating water leak

future3490owner

I noticed this weekend after having lots of rain that I have water getting into my Bunkhouse in my 33CK. I don't see any signs of water on the ceilings, but the floor was wet along the wall/doorway and door and the area where the slide out is. I did not get to do a full inspection of the roof yet, but the area over the bunkhouse looks to be OK. My question is should I go ahead and clean the roof and apply lap sealant on all the areas. Or should I bring it to a dealer and have the camper pressurized 1st. I saw a few videos showing where dealers have pressurize the camper with the big blower fan and then sprayed a soapy solution on the roof which would bubble where there was a leak

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since your rig is a 2012 model it is past time for caulking.
So yes you should clean and caulk all areas that look suspect. I would definitely do the lap sealant around everything on the roof. I would also clean and recaulk around the top and sides of the the windows and doors, or door.

Peace
Dave

kkamshop

We had a leak once where we found the dining slide carpet to be wet after a heavy rain. We "think" that the drain holes on our window frames were clogged causing water to run in around the windows. Never happened again, so just something to check if you have framed windows.

aatauses

There is a piece of molding at the bottom of your slide and it may?? be catching water and letting it run into your unit. If?? this is the case, put a "bubble" of caulk near the unit so when water does "follow" the molding it will hit the "bubble" and drop to the ground rather than continuing into your unit.

future3490owner

There is a piece of molding at the bottom of your slide and it may?? be catching water and letting it run into your unit. If?? this is the case, put a "bubble" of caulk near the unit so when water does "follow" the molding it will hit the "bubble" and drop to the ground rather than continuing into your unit.

I will look into this. It rained a lot yesterday, so im going to check inside today for wetness it was dry on monday. But im still going to clean the roof and apply lap sealant.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Check the bottom of the slides along the sides. If you can see the edges of the plywood flooring, you need to cover them up pronto. You can have aluminum angle flashing strips made up at a siding shop (for little cost) and caulk them before installing. That black paint on the edges is not a waterproofing, just cosmetics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

future3490owner

So i believe the water is coming in from the rear corner. I am in tge process of cleaning the roof, including slide outs. I am going yo apply lap sealant this weekend. I ordered a roll of dicor seal tite corner seal tape. And i think it may be a good idea to apply some roof sealant tape to the front cap area, as well as to add protection under the antenna. Hopefully that will stop the leak.