It’s Always Something

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Our RV season is over, but we had reservations to spend 3 nights on Mackinac Island starting tomorrow. But the weather (it’s Michigan) got nasty so we cancelled out hotel. So, this morning I figured I’d go in the basement and use the treadmill after calling the hotel. What do I find? Our 11 year old water heater is dumping water out! Called our plumber and got it replaced, but now there is a smoking hole in my credit card. RV or sticks & bricks, it’s always something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Our RV season is over, but we had reservations to spend 3 nights on Mackinac Island starting tomorrow. But the weather (it’s Michigan) got nasty so we cancelled out hotel. So, this morning I figured I’d go in the basement and use the treadmill after calling the hotel. What do I find? Our 11 year old water heater is dumping water out! Called our plumber and got it replaced, but now there is a smoking hole in my credit card. RV or sticks & bricks, it’s always something...

Ouch! I was going to add at least you still got that workout - but I guess the plumber got the workout instead.

I just got home from a 3 week trip and have 3 RV items to attend to. That said, I've taken care of one house item already and another to do tomorrow.

JohnDar

The “beaach” is that I just paid in advance for the shore excursions on our British Isles cruise next June. Not sure if the numbers in the old credit card will still be legible. A 50 gallon Bradford White water heater isn’t cheap.☹️

JohnDar

Yep, PVC vented. Back in olden tymes, I would have done it myself, but not with these new units.
Besides, with age comes increased laziness and the willingness to pay for someone younger to do the laborious stuff (a lot quicker than I can).

JohnDar

But then, we didn’t save up our IRA to put a smile on some relative’s face. We got it covered.