door glass

Kathi-27

can anyone tell me how to get front door glass out on a 2019 Newport. doesn't have screws like our bighorn that holds the frame together.

jbeletti

can anyone tell me how to get front door glass out on a 2019 Newport. doesn't have screws like our bighorn that holds the frame together.

I haven’t seen this before. Pretty sure it’s an LCI door. I suggest you phone them up on Monday.

If you don’t mind, consider replying here with a picture of the interior window frame/trim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted same question on forum back on 17 May for my 2019 Bighorn.
I called LCI, they recommended I call an RV Glass Technician, did not recommend I do it.
I still have not changed out my window, didn’t want to take chance of breaking something.
It looks like you have to pry off the inside trim piece, but what is underneath I have no clue.
If anyone has information please advise.

Hockster

I talked to LCI Customer Service Representive Sandra this morning and she emailed me the information sheet on how to remove and reinstall the door window frame and glass and part numbers for the Snap together door window frame (inter & outer), glass, and frame removal clips.
I tried to pry off the window frame and broke a couple of clips and then stopped.
Talking with Sandra this morning and looking at the instruction sheet she sent, what has to be done is this.
You have to purchase the door window frame removal tool clips, (16 part #429436 price of $20.95 plus shipping), to remove the inter door window frame.
These tools fit into 16 little notches you can see around perimeter of window frame, you have to use all 16 of them.
This all started because I wanted to install the Leaded Glass Window I removed from my 2011 Big Country.
I also found out the new frame is a little larger than the old screw style, because I wanted to replace the snap together one with the screwed together style.
I don’t know if my Leaded window will fit the new larger frame size.
I’m sending this out to y’all so you don’t make the same mistake I did.
I did call LCI back in Oct 2018 and I was just told to have an RV repairman do it, no other information.
This morning Sandra could not do enough for me, providing me with all the part numbers and instruction sheet.
Sandra is what customer service is all about, she is a credit to LCI, and us, the consumer.
If I knew how to post the instruction sheet, I would have.
The total cost in dollars to me was $91.17, and I still have to do the work when parts arrive.
I decided to replace the frame because of the broken clips and I don’t know how secure the door window is now.

Hockster

Thanks Silverado23.

I think all this information will help everyone that may want to replace a window with Leaded glass.

Hockster

'Lil Guy'

Is this type of window an improvement (upgrade) over the old style with the inside screws or is it cheaper to manufacture this way? The old style was a neat, simple window change with no issures. Wonder why they changed it.

I ordered the new snap together window frame & also a new pane of glass from LCI.
Everything arrived yesterday.
For those of you who may think about doing what I did if you buy a new coach, and remove your Leaded glass window to reinstall in your new coach, forget it.
The door window glass in my 2019 Bighorn 3760EL is 1” longer & 1” wider than the old window.
I removed mine from my 2011 Big Country 3450TS to install in my new coach, waste of time.

I understand Richard Anderson will be at the Rally & I hope he has the larger size glass for the newer rigs.

Hockster

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I ordered the new snap together window frame & also a new pane of glass from LCI.
For those of you who may think about doing what I did if you buy a new coach, and remove your Leaded glass window to reinstall in your new coach, forget it.
The door window glass in my 2019 Bighorn 3760EL is 1” longer & 1” wider than the old window.
I removed mine from my 2011 Big Country 3450TS to install in my new coach, waste of time.

I understand Richard Anderson will be at the Rally & I hope he has the larger size glass for the newer rigs.

Hockster

I wonder if you can take your glass to a stained glass shop and have them add strips to the outer edges or make modifications so that it would fit?

mlpeloquin

Hockster

You can also find a leaded glass design and repair business and have them put a new larger frame with a glass border on your old window.