Mother Nature (Hurricane Michael)

Fox

Reviving a long dead post:

I have a non-RV rant, lets see if it passes the above guidelines ...

My complaint deals with Mother Nature; due to her (specifically Hurricane Michael) tomorrow morning we are fleeing our home.
That Blue Dot is me.

Attachments

• storm.jpg
    storm.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 114

CoveredWagon

Re: Ground Rules for Non-RV Discussion Forum

Reviving a long dead post:

I have a non-RV rant, lets see if it passes the above guidelines ...

My complaint deals with Mother Nature; due to her (specifically Hurricane Michael) tomorrow morning we are fleeing our home.
That Blue Dot is me.

Mother Nature is messing with several of us as well, those who were hoping to head to FL. Personally we’ll be seeing a little more of southern KY and probably some of TN as well. We’ll be exploring 😮

Fox

We returned home earlier today, safe and sound. The yard is a mess but no damage.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Glad you made it home safely with no damage. We lived all of our lives on the Texas Gulf coast and I had to work during many of the recent storms. It was no fun and I vowed that after retiring, I would never have to do that again. Now we try not to be in the state during hurricane season.

Jonaha

Where I live there are rarely hurricanes, but very often there is a thunderstorm. After the storms there are a lot of broken trees, but I have no idea how people cope with the consequences of the hurricane. I always sympathize with these people. It's terrible to go home, but the house is no longer there, or it is badly damaged.

Fox

Where I live there are rarely hurricanes, but very often there is a thunderstorm. After the storms there are a lot of broken trees, but I have no idea how people cope with the consequences of the hurricane. I always sympathize with these people. It's terrible to go home, but the house is no longer there, or it is badly damaged.

The best pre-storm advice is to flee - allowing for you to return and face any consequences. To date we've been lucky.
Disasters can ocure anywhere. Florida has sink-holes, Cal. has earthquakes. Large fires, etc.

At least with a fifth wheel you'll have a place to stay.

NP_Chief

If Barry develops as expected and comes your way Fox, let me know. I'm in South Ga and have a hook-up if you need it.

avvidclif

A friend noted that our trip to Florida this year coincided with hurricane season. I noted my rv has wheels and knows how to roll, so what.