Thetford Toilet Seat Replacement

I have a 2018 Heartland Bighorn 3270 RS, looking for a replacement toilet seat. Looking for a slow closing one,grand kids tent to just let it drop. Would appreciate any tips. Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:

wdk450

Just as a follow-up. I got a padded seat for a round toilet at Home Depot. I went to remove the old seat, and the plastic screws/nuts were stuck, besides being hard to reach the underside nuts. I got out my drill and a 1/2 inch bit, and drilled down into the middle of the screwdriver crosshead on the bolt until the head came off and the bolt pushed through the toilet ceramic. Easy Peasy!

I have had some problem over the years with the seat slipping sideways even with the mounting bolts tight. I got out some RVers Goop elastometric adhesive and a marker pen, marked the position of the new seat support bumpers (with the seat down) on the edge of the bowl. I then put the seat up, put down a strip of Goop on the bowl top surface at the marks, along with a strip of Goop on the bumpers of the upright seat. When the Goop is dry you have skid resistant strips on the bumpers and mating bowl surfaces.