ATF: North Trail - water leak advice

lgray

Hi,

we own a 2011 NorthTrail 28BRS. started getting a minor leak this summer, that has increased. water seems to be dripping from "under the couch, front side". Initially, I assumed it was the side out rubber, however, I "duck taped" the top and sides when the slide was all the way in during latest rain and still got water.

Trying to figure out if something on top could cause water to "migrate" to front bottom of the couch?

Also, do most dealers have the resources/expertise to solve?

rhodies1

Do you have any water lines running in this area and where is your hot water tank located.I would be looking for leaks in water lines,water will travel great distances and fool you as to the source of the leak.Hook up to a household connection and pressure up the system and start checking all pex crimps,hot water tank connections,water pump connections etc to see if this is your issue.

lgray

Do you have any water lines running in this area and where is your hot water tank located.I would be looking for leaks in water lines,water will travel great distances and fool you as to the source of the leak.Hook up to a household connection and pressure up the system and start checking all pex crimps,hot water tank connections,water pump connections etc to see if this is your issue.
Thank you for the idea. The fact that the water only happens when it rains leads me to believe it is coming from the outside. Understand about the water travel issue...which is one of the challenges.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you need to take a look at the caulk around any nearby windows. Perhaps re-caulk the top and sides of the window.
Also inspect the area where the outside wall meets the roof.

Peace
Dave

lgray

Sounds like you need to take a look at the caulk around any nearby windows. Perhaps re-caulk the top and sides of the window.Also inspect the area where the outside wall meets the roof.PeaceDave
Thanks Dave, I have concluded as much....can't see any blatant cracks/openings but plan on getting someone with a hose to spray select areas one at a time.

rhodies1

Also check the rubber seals around your compartment doors and make sure the doors close tightly.
Also make sure you’re clearance lights are sealed,I had a friend that had water running in at his lights and down the front of the trailer.Check all your assemblies that are attached to your unit for proper sealing,water heater,furnace,water fills ,outdoor shower. etc.It will take time but you will eventually locate the culprit.