Brrrr

bishgeo

Had no idea if the furnace worked in the new rig. With all the other issues figured that wouldn’t work either. E3605F09-CF28-46DD-929D-579D0BBD845C.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Did the furnace work? If not, try the other thermostats; only one thermostat controls the furnace.

RossRagan

Mine failed on day three two weeks ago while out camping. It was my first trip where furnace heat was needed. I found and fixed a loose wire to the ignitor electrode early this week and the wife and I are camping again this weekend. It was 21 degrees at bedtime last evening with a light north breeze. We slept comfortably with the camper at 68 degrees inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogie

You don't say if you verified that the heater worked at the PDI. Even if it had, systems can fail. My water heater worked fine on both gas and electric during the PDI. Two months later, it wouldn't work on gas. Turned out the control board had cooked itself. I had it replaced under warranty.

RossRagan

You don't say if you verified that the heater worked at the PDI. Even if it had, systems can fail. My water heater worked fine on both gas and electric during the PDI. Two months later, it wouldn't work on gas. Turned out the control board had cooked itself. I had it replaced under warranty.

With regards to my comment, the furnace did work at the PDI. I remember it well, because it was forty degrees when I picked it up. There are two wires going to the ignitor electrode with automotive style spade connectors on each wire. One of those connections was not. I couldn't get my hand in the space to reconnect it by hand (I could slip the end on but couldn't push it together fully) so I had to use needle nose pliers. I suspect whoever made the connection at the factory probably had the same issue but didn't get their needle nose pliers out to fully snap the connector together.