Bighorn - 2016 3160El Cracked tire rim

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
We had one of the factory installed rims located on the kitchen side crack, which of course caused the tire to deflate. This wasn't due to overload or any known roadside trauma. We are running on spare now. I am having difficulty finding a matching rim replacement and need any assistance or suggestions. 16" 8 lugs. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

rhodies1

These rims have a warranty and they should replace at NO charge..they have replaced other members rims in the past.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
I own a 2015 Bighorn 3585RL and I had a cracked rim on my trip back in July.

I contacted Tredit and got a replacement under warranty. However they use a different manufacturer now and the rim model is slightly different than the one that came with the Bighorn. The part # is PDSU66867SM (Summit model). I did not want to have one of the rim different than the others so I ended up buying an additional three at a discounted price.

I have attached the pictures of the new rim versus the original one.

I now have three used original rims available.

Attachments

• Original rim.jpg
    Original rim.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 52
  • New rim.jpg
    New rim.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 51

twolanesoffreedom

TwoLanesOfFreedom
These rims have a warranty and they should replace at NO charge..they have replaced other members rims in the past.

Thanks. I have been in touch with Tredit Tire and after supplying pictures and copy of bill of sale for the camper, they have a new replacement rim on the way.

- - - Updated - - -

I own a 2015 Bighorn 3585RL and I had a cracked rim on my trip back in July.

I contacted Tredit and got a replacement under warranty. However they use a different manufacturer now and the rim model is slightly different than the one that came with the Bighorn. The part # is PDSU66867SM (Summit model). I did not want to have one of the rim different than the others so I ended up buying an additional three at a discounted price.

I have attached the pictures of the new rim versus the original one.

I now have three used original rims available.

Thanks for your input. We have a replacement on the way and hopefully it will be a perfect match, but nice to know that they will also work out a discount if we have to order three others to make them all match.