Using Shore power while in storage.

Mopac76

I'm new to this, and my manual does not specifically say, but can the power converter be used to run the 12 volt appliances without the 12 volt battery installed, during storage?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your gonna store your rig and have it plugged in why not just leave the battery in?
Mine is plugged always plugged in winter and summer.
Be sure to check the battery electrolyte so you do not run dry.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Cookie has a good point. But if you do take the battery out, the Power Converter will supply power to your internal 12V DC devices. But operating slides and landing gear could be problematic.

Mopac76

Thanks for the responses. I want to take it out during the winter to protect it from the cold Iowa weather. My garage is heated and I will keep it on a float charger during that time.

Lou_and_Bette

Thanks for the responses. I want to take it out during the winter to protect it from the cold Iowa weather. My garage is heated and I will keep it on a float charger during that time.

Have you thought about installing a battery blanket (heating pad) to keep the battery from freezing since you have shore power available? We used them during the 3 years I was stationed at Fort Wainwight in Fairbanks, AK. Never had problem with battery freezing up and the power draw is minimal.