Low point drains on Road Warrior

JOwen72

Do the low point drains only drain the lines, or will they drain the fresh water tank if it's got water in it?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Low point drains only empty the plumbing lines. There should be a separate drain line for the water tank.

At least that’s how mine works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

They will also drain your hot water tank. It helps if you open the valve on the tank. The fresh water tank drain is probably on the other side of the trailer.

JOwen72

Yes, I also have a separate drain hose to drain the fresh water tank. I'm just wondering if the low point drain will drain the fresh water tank as well. We left our 5th wheel up at camp last weekend and it's been getting down into the 20's at night. I wanted to drain the lines but not the fresh water tank. When I opened the low point drains, and the pump was shut off, the cold water drain drained for about 5 minutes before I shut it off. My thinking was that it shouldn't take that long to drain the low point drain so maybe there was water coming out of the fresh water tank as well.

danemayer

Yes, I also have a separate drain hose to drain the fresh water tank. I'm just wondering if the low point drain will drain the fresh water tank as well. We left our 5th wheel up at camp last weekend and it's been getting down into the 20's at night. I wanted to drain the lines but not the fresh water tank. When I opened the low point drains, the cold water drain drained for about 5 minutes before I shut it off. My thinking was that it shouldn't take that long to drain the low point drain so maybe there was water coming out of the fresh water tank as well.

Low point drains will not drain the fresh tank unless you have the pump turned ON.

Lynn1130

I'm just wondering if the low point drain will drain the fresh water tank as well

Dan covered it but I could not resist. No. Connected via the pump but no other way. It will drain for quite a long time especially if you are draining the hot water tank also.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When using the low point drains, they work a little faster if you open faucets inside the trailer (or push it with air pressure). Same effect as draining the (cold) water heater via the anode rod opening without opening the pressure relief valve.