Full timers

2PawsRiver

Nobody lives full time a new Cyclone Toy Hauler as it would void your warranty or extended warranty....something our Salesman didn't mention to us. We do spend a lot of time in ours though. It is a Cyclone 4270. Did you have a question about spending a lot of time in a Toy Hauler?

Nobody lives full time a new Cyclone Toy Hauler as it would void your warranty or extended warranty....something our Salesman didn't mention to us. We do spend a lot of time in ours though. It is a Cyclone 4270. Did you have a question about spending a lot of time in a Toy Hauler?

That's interesting. I suspect a little play on words but I have to ask, how would full timing in a Cyclone Toy Hauler void the warranty? I am very curious about this as I wouldn't want ot screw things up.

danemayer

That's interesting. I suspect a little play on words but I have to ask, how would full timing in a Cyclone Toy Hauler void the warranty? I am very curious about this as I wouldn't want ot screw things up.

The warranty statement in the Heartland Trailer Manual states that "Residential" use is not covered under the warranty (other than for Landmark, Bighorn, and Big Country brands). That said, I don't think anyone has ever reported that a warranty claim has been denied because of "Residential" use.

RottsNScotts

I have been in my Cyclone 4114 full time for 2 1/2 years. Heartland has covered all warranty work.

I LOVE full timing in my Cyclone!

All good info. I hope to sell my house soon and buy something to live full time. I've looked at Landmarks and also toy haulers. I am leaning more towards toy haulers for their versatility as I will probably get a motorcycle soon.

Lou_and_Bette

All good info. I hope to sell my house soon and buy something to live full time. I've looked at Landmarks and also toy haulers. I am leaning more towards toy haulers for their versatility as I will probably get a motorcycle soon.

Look at cruiserlift.com regarding a swivel wheel trailer. Get a Landmark/Big Horn and take motorcycle too.

Lou_and_Bette

No problem Ray. There are several different brands on the market but I can personally recommend the Swivelwheel. I have towed one for 3 years, all over the U.S., without problems.

dave10a

The warranty statement in the Heartland Trailer Manual states that "Residential" use is not covered under the warranty (other than for Landmark, Bighorn, and Big Country brands). That said, I don't think anyone has ever reported that a warranty claim has been denied because of "Residential" use.

Interesting. Are you implying Heartland picks and chooses what it wants to enforce for warranties? Seems to me if it is in writing it counts-- at least that is what I have understood in your previous posts. Also are you a spokesman for Heartland? The best recommendation none-spokesman can give is call the factory IMHO.

danemayer

Interesting. Are you implying Heartland picks and chooses what it wants to enforce for warranties? Seems to me if it is in writing it counts-- at least that is what I have understood in your previous posts. Also are you a spokesman for Heartland? The best recommendation none-spokesman can give is call the factory IMHO.

No I'm not a spokesman for Heartland. My response is based on having read the warranty statement and having read thousands and thousands of posts to this forum over 8 years.

If you call the factory to ask about warranty terms, all they should tell you is that what's written in the warranty statement is what counts. The warranty statement makes it clear that no one can modify the written warranty statement.

As for picking and choosing, I would guess that if you don't volunteer that you're using the trailer in a way that excludes warranty coverage, no one is going to ask.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We’ve been fulltiming in our 2014 Cyclone 4000 for almost five years. When we ordered it the one question we asked from the dealer and even the Heartland factory representative who happen to be at CampingWorld that day was “is it cover for fulltime RVing”? They all stayed YES.

Now has it it held up to the task of fulltime RVing? NO!

If I had it to do over again today and was looking for a Toy Hauler I would be looking at DRV Fullhouse, or New Horrizon custom build to fulltime in.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon

BLR

Howdy!

We’ve been fulltiming in our 2014 Cyclone 4000 for almost five years. When we ordered it the one question we asked from the dealer and even the Heartland factory representative who happen to be at CampingWorld that day was “is it cover for fulltime RVing”? They all stayed YES.

Now has it it held up to the task of fulltime RVing? NO!

If I had it to do over again today and was looking for a Toy Hauler I would be looking at DRV Fullhouse, or New Horrizon custom build to fulltime in.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon
Please tell us why?? .

I am not looking for build to suit..
We been down that road before

Sent from BLR Logistics

chiefneon

Please tell us why?? .

I am not looking for build to suit..
We been down that road before

Sent from BLR Logistics

Howdy!

Before we purchased our Cyclone 4000 we fulltimed in a Carraige Carri-Lite five slide 5er. That 5er spoiled us as it was near bulletproof.

The Cyclone 4000 has not been. We ordered it with every option even full body paint. Heartland stated it would be delivered in six to eight weeks and took six months. When it arrived it had the wrong furniture in it (loveseat did match the sofa). We had to wait another month to get the right furniture. The day we picked it up the awning light didn’t work. Another day. We came back picked it up and had to return it the next day hot water heater did work on electric or gas. We left the ne t day and the living room entrance door lock locked us out, luckiy it has to doors. A few months after traveling we noticed cracks in the tub/shower. Contacted Heartland they advised to take it to CW. A professional tub repair company came to CW and stated they could fix it but would be back in six months because it needed support under the tub. As it turns our the area under the tub is totally void. I wanted Heartland and CW to replace it. Heartland stated it could not be done. When they built it they put the tub in and built the walls around it. CW placed supports under the tub but the crack worsen. We ended up towing it to Elkhart, IN to have repairs done to the tub at our expense. It worked for a couple of years be the crack are back and of corse it’s out of warranty. We also now have problems with side wall delamition. This year was stressful as we a bent axle springs and broken axle spring hangers which also led to having to replace tires. I am constantly having to screw in the paneling from where it’s popped out for the staples. Also regarding the full body paint, we wanted that because we didn’t like the graphics that vade and peel. We found out that Heartland sends the 5er out to be painted and when it’s returned they placed “Cyclone” graphics over the full body paint that we paid so much for. That’s enough for me I would never buy another Heartland anything. Also I did do a lot of research before buy a Cyclone. I liked the DRV Fullhouse Toy Hauler back then but you couldn’t see one you had to order it site us scene.

”Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Last edited: