New to DFW area and need to know when to winterize in North Texas

dwpkdavis

Thread moved to better area.Howdy,

Having recently moved from Colorado to the DFW area, I was wondering when to winterize our Bighorn? We have our unit stored indoors for this first winter. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I was thinking of blowing out the lines and pouring RV antifreeze in the p-traps.

Last edited by a moderator:

loganhughes

We usually winterize ours around mid-November. We often go out of town over Thanksgiving and don't want to worry about freezing weather while we're gone. BTW...welcome to NTX!

Last edited:

CarterKraft

Good luck on this quest. We usually camp several times over the "winter" beginning with a trip in October and another for Thanksgiving.

I will blow out the lines when I get back from Thanksgiving then as needed after that.

Gary521

I would think that winterizing is winterizing in that you do it the same regardless of where you live. I watch the weather a couple of weeks out and if it looks like it going to get below freezing, time to start the process.

danemayer

For central Texas, where it doesn't get as cold as Colorado, winterizing with compressed air and RV antifreeze in the p-traps should be ok. I did that for many years. Now that we're in Colorado, I have to do more.

If you have a washing machine, or washing machine prep, don't forget that. Also take care of the refrigerator.