Hi everyone!

Collyla

Hi all! My fiancé has a travel job, and we want both of us to be able to travel together, so we're getting an rv. After loads and loads of research, we picked a dealer. Then we explored the rvs they have at their 2 locations and we've fallen in love with a 2019 Heartland Trail Runner 33IKBS. I mean....storage space literally everywhere, the perfect layout for us...and it's just beautiful (plus, the weight is fine for the truck). I was warned against Heartlands on some other rv groups, but to be fair, some people seem to warn against every single rv brand. It's like nobody wants anybody to join the rv community. I know things break, sometimes in catastrophic ways. I've been a technician on various types of industrial equipment most of my adult life...I know how many creative ways complex gear manages to break haha.

Anywho, I haven't really been able to find any information out there about this specific model (not even from earlier years).

jerryjay11

I can't help you with your model but I will say there is always going to be "NaySayers" wherever you go, particularly online blogs. Of the different RV blog sites I've searched this is the most pro camper site I have experienced. You will get to know those few that have nothing positive to say and many more that are eager to help. Just keep in mind you are purchasing a RV (house rolling down the road) and not a Mack truck. A bit more maintenance goes along with owning any RV compared to my 2015 Silverado. As you noted some people warn about every single brand. This in mind there are thousands of RV owners that are quite happy with their brand including Heartland. Sure I had some bugs in mine, but I worked them out and very happy with our 29.5 foot Pioneer. Note that most of my frustration came from not so stellar of a service department management and technicians of which is understandable of the employee turn-around.

In the long-run it's your mindset that matters. Good Luck!

Collyla

I can't help you with your model but I will say there is always going to be "NaySayers" wherever you go, particularly online blogs. Of the different RV blog sites I've searched this is the most pro camper site I have experienced. You will get to know those few that have nothing positive to say and many more that are eager to help. Just keep in mind you are purchasing a RV (house rolling down the road) and not a Mack truck. A bit more maintenance goes along with owning any RV compared to my 2015 Silverado. As you noted some people warn about every single brand. This in mind there are thousands of RV owners that are quite happy with their brand including Heartland. Sure I had some bugs in mine, but I worked them out and very happy with our 29.5 foot Pioneer. Note that most of my frustration came from not so stellar of a service department management and technicians of which is understandable of the employee turn-around.

In the long-run it's your mindset that matters. Good Luck!

I'm actually looking forward to the maintenance (and even some troubleshooting lol). I used to be a RADAR tech and then a wind turbine tech, and have honestly been missing having a regular preventative and corrective maintenance schedule in my life. Nothing beats getting your hands into some equipment.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
You will definitely find hate groups related to any manufacturer. All of them have issues or will develop them. Whatever model you decide to buy, make sure everything works on it and everything you need fixed is fixed before you sign saying it is yours. Safe travels!!

WillyBill

And definitely download and use "Oregon Camper's" Pre-delivery Inspection Checklist in "Tools" (above). It will save you a LOT of grief and money. It's the best one on the net IMHO.

WB

PS....Welcome to the HOG!