Refrigerator outlet receptacle has no power

Of all outlets to quit working without warning, seems our Refrigerator is the one. Go to bed, everything is working fine, wake up, the fridge is off. There is no power to the receptacle. No breakers are blown. First time it happened, it seemed that if was all of the outlets with a GFI, we figured that one out. Now it is only the little outlet in the cabinet that doesn't work. We have an extension cord running to the fridge right now, but have to walk around it and keep the cabinet door open. HELP!

richheck

Seasoned Member
Of all outlets to quit working without warning, seems our Refrigerator is the one. Go to bed, everything is working fine, wake up, the fridge is off. There is no power to the receptacle. No breakers are blown. First time it happened, it seemed that if was all of the outlets with a GFI, we figured that one out. Now it is only the little outlet in the cabinet that doesn't work. We have an extension cord running to the fridge right now, but have to walk around it and keep the cabinet door open. HELP!

If your is a residential refer, check the outlet at the inverter. There is a GFI at the inverter that sometimes will trip

LBR

What richhech said....there is probably a GCFI kicked out on the inverter itself. If you have a Magnum 1000, it pop offs when battery voltage drops to 11.2 volts....keep those batteries charged up!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Does that outlet work with the Inverter turned on ?
I believe that outlet is fed from the small transfer switch in the front Gen basement next to the Inverter.

Jerrod

Padiddle

Does that outlet work with the Inverter turned on ?
I believe that outlet is fed from the small transfer switch in the front Gen basement next to the Inverter.

Jerrod

I could have written the original post myself this morning! Same exact situation with bags of Thanksgiving groceries! My fridge did work when the inverter was fired up, so that ruled out the fridge, and the feed from the inverter. I too just plugged it into the slide 110, and hit the rack (nightshift).
Where to next? Thinking transfer switch? Did the O.P. find the issue?

danemayer

I could have written the original post myself this morning! Same exact situation with bags of Thanksgiving groceries! My fridge did work when the inverter was fired up, so that ruled out the fridge, and the feed from the inverter. I too just plugged it into the slide 110, and hit the rack (nightshift).
Where to next? Thinking transfer switch? Did the O.P. find the issue?
If your residential refrigerator works when not on shore power, but doesn't work when on shore power, first check the main circuit breaker panel to be certain the breaker hasn't tripped. Also, check that power for everything else is ok and that this is not a more general problem.

Power from the refrigerator's circuit breaker goes to the small dedicated transfer switch in the front compartment near the batteries. The inverter output also goes to that transfer switch. If the circuit breaker isn't tripped, you may have a transfer switch problem. Or perhaps there's a loose wire inside a junction box between circuit breaker and transfer switch.