Winterizing 2009 Northtrail

I have just spent the last 25 minutes searching this site for directions on winterizing my 2005 Northtrail. You would think I could find directions, but I must be blind or stupid, or both, because I cannot find anything. I refuse to pay $250.00 (again) to do this! I need to know which line to use to distribute the RV antifreeze into the system. I have already drained the fresh water out of the system, released the low point valve, removed the anode rod, and bypassed the water heater - but I am unsure which line I need to connect the antifreeze bottle to.

danemayer

If you can locate the water pump, there should be a tube that is teed into the suction line, with a valve allowing that tube to be closed off, or opened. The other end of that tube goes into the antifreeze jug. So you would open the valve, put the tube into the antifreeze jug, and turn on the pump.

We do have a Winterization user guide which covers the process in general, but doesn't get into specific locations in the hundreds of floor plans and models that have been shipped over the past 14 years.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If you can locate the water pump, there should be a tube that is teed into the suction line, with a valve allowing that tube to be closed off, or opened. The other end of that tube goes into the antifreeze jug. So you would open the valve, put the tube into the antifreeze jug, and turn on the pump.

We do have a Winterization user guide which covers the process in general, but doesn't get into specific locations in the hundreds of floor plans and models that have been shipped over the past 14 years.

One alternative is to purchase a hand pump for antifreeze and then use the city hose input. You may want to do this anyway as the electric water pump will not push antifreeze to the city water connection anyway. Hint there may be a check valve in the city inlet that if it freezes you may be replacing it or have water leaks when using the electric water pump when on tank water.

54daf907-5a42-44b2-8b14-993e0d766c27_1.b539ecd150d63564d16479e75f1d97cd.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-An...-Winterizing-Simple-and-Easier-36003/21803196

pedirob

I couldn’t believe how hidden this tube was on my 24bhs. It’s behind a wood panel (with an air vent in the middle) under the stove. I had to remove 2 screws to open the panel. Not some place I would intuitively look for it. It actually made sense, though, as it was adjacent to the freshwater tank.

In my prior Palomino hybrid, it was right under the dinette seat.