PDI tomorrow - wish us luck

Rpenn57

Wife and I are going to our PDI tomorrow on our new 2018 Sundance 201RD TT. We're moving up from a popup trailer so there are a few changes in store. I've read every thread here plus many others in the rest of the Heartland forums. Thanks for the hints, tips, tricks, and info regarding RV ownership.
Russell

sengli

Be prepared to spend 3-4 hours looking everything over. Last three new units I bought, the tech assigned to me during my PDI wasnt that knowledgeable about the RV. His only job was to rush me through everything, as fast as he could, so he could get me to sign off on his part of the deal and get out of there. Bring a flashlight, and try and use everything.

Before you sign off, is when you have the most power to get any issues you may find.... addressed quickly.

kowAlski631

Find out what every switch, button, and lever does. Open every door and drawer. Use a flashlight to examine everything. Use blue tape to mark things that need repair. Take pictures and even make a video of the PDI. It's your money and your trailer - don't let anyone rush you through your questions or become intimidated into not asking any questions. Make sure you're hooked up to water as well as electric and check for any plumbing leaks. Good luck - and use this forum for help.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't let anyone tell you they tested xyz so you don't need to. Test it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rpenn57

Thanks for the info. I've got a checklist I found here online Got my multitool, flashlight, tape measure and an electrical outlet checker. Will go get my blue painters tape now out of the garage.

KyleC

Don't forget your brain, feet, hands, and a screwdriver!

Ha. Good luck. There is alot to learn. Just be patient. Don't try and understand exactly how each item works, you have time for that later. I think the most important thing is to physically touch every and make sure it works and check for damage. Don't get hung up on the little stuff(although important).

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx

carl.swoyer

Wife and I are going to our PDI tomorrow on our new 2018 Sundance 201RD TT. We're moving up from a popup trailer so there are a few changes in store. I've read every thread here plus many others in the rest of the Heartland forums. Thanks for the hints, tips, tricks, and info regarding RV ownership.
Russell
I agree with sengli. Don't rely on the dealership to do a pdi. Hook the new rig up to water, electric, cable if available and run everything. Looking for water leaking from the plumbing. Run all your appliances.
Best of luck with your new RV
And congrats on the new Sundance.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Rpenn57

Everything was hooked up, tanks were filled up and it took us 2.5 hours to go thru it all Only some minor cosmetic issues that were fixed on site. After an hour trip home all is great.

KyleC

Very glad to hear it! After going from tent to hybrid, the new prowler bunkhouse was like buying a towing mansion! I hope you enjoy it

2017 Pathfinder SL towing Heartland Prowler "lynx" 25lx