Best wax/polish/sealer

Smarkov2

Have a 2011 bighorn 3185rl, bought it used, still looks great. What is the best wax/ polish/ sealer to use. I live in sun city az. The summer temps average 107 to 112. We try not to be here all summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynn1130

Look below your post at "similar threads" you will find several. This is a question that comes up at least once a month so there are numerous threads that can be found under the search option that will help. Search Rejex. That will bring up a wealth of info on that product and others. I am about 10 miles from you, have been using it for years on the RV, cars, boat, truck. A trip to Rejex.com will give you some background on it.

While Rejex and some others that will be recommended here will help to keep the finish, our sun here is a killer on finishes, tires, plastics, and our skin. We have one of the highest skin cancer rates, next to Australia, of anywhere. So like our skin, keeping your favorite vehicles out of the sun as much as possible will help lengthen their life. Ask me, I know.

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
I agree with Erika and Tony. Washwax.com is the best. We have a 2013 3010re Bighorn and it looks as new as the day it rolled out of the factory. Use on our two vehicles also. Easy to use. We have full sunshine an average of 320 days/year and temps from -20 to 100.

mlpeloquin

I strip all the wax of once a year using ZEP TNT (truck and trailer wash) on the roof and all. Then Rejex on the front cap and wash and wax all on the rest. For the rest of the year I use Bugs & All to clean the bugs and tar off then Wash & Wax All.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree with Erika and Tony. Washwax.com is the best. We have a 2013 3010re Bighorn and it looks as new as the day it rolled out of the factory. Use on our two vehicles also. Easy to use. We have full sunshine an average of 320 days/year and temps from -20 to 100.

Yep, got inspired. Did half the rig yesterday. Other half today! Love the stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

I tried WashWax on two vehicles and the front cap on the trailer just to see how it compared to Rejex. They all looked great but I found that WashWax did not hold up as well or as long as Rejex. It became harder to bugs and road dirt off of the cap, where they pretty much just rinsed off of the Rejex.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I tried WashWax on two vehicles and the front cap on the trailer just to see how it compared to Rejex. They all looked great but I found that WashWax did not hold up as well or as long as Rejex. It became harder to bugs and road dirt off of the cap, where they pretty much just rinsed off of the Rejex.

From talking with a sales guy, that system does not completely replace needing to get an actual coat of wax applied from time to time.

I use Adams polishes on our rig and have been for the last 6 years or so. They have a ceramic paste wax that I use on the front cap and the bugs usually come off with the rain.

Gaffer

I had a service come out once to wash and wax the 5'er and they really didn't do a good job, but want a premium price, so the next year I just had my wife wash and wax the 5er with Meguiar's cleaner wax 50 and it only took her two days to do the job. She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and there’s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing and waxing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. I’m a fair man. I told her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while and as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. I’m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.

LBR

I had a service come out once to wash and wax the 5'er and they really didn't do a good job, but want a premium price, so the next year I just had my wife wash and wax the 5er with Meguiar's cleaner wax 50 and it only took her two days to do the job. She is getting older and slowing down some but it is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of trailer maintenance as when they were younger. When you notice this, try not to yell at them. Some are overly sensitive, and there’s nothing worse than an oversensitive woman.

She had to take a break when she was only half-finished washing and waxing the 5th Wheel. I tried not to make a scene. I’m a fair man. I told her to fix herself a nice, big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while and as long as she is making one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support her. I’m not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Many men will find it difficult. Some will find it impossible! Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older. However, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your aging girlfriend or wife because of this post, I will consider that writing it was well worthwhile.
LMAO!

Great to see some awesome humor here now and then!!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Funniest thing I have read in a long time!! :cool:

MTPockets

I’m lost.... what’s funny? He makes valid points and treats his wife with respect. My guess is he even lets her make the campfire and bring him adult beverages! Well done..

Lynn1130

I see at least two men who are going to be doing their own cooking, shopping and laundry. I hope it is not too cold in the spare bedroom.