Texas Sweetheart Rally on Pause

jbeletti

Hi all,

I received a note from Larry Ulmer, the organizer for the Texas Sweetheart Rally (a non-Heartland event) that the campground that was planned for this event has cancelled this rally in favor of housing pipeline workers.

Rather than scrambling for a new venue and date, Larry has decided to pause this event for a year and pick it back up for 2020.

I know a lot of Heartlanders have went to this rally in the past and just wanted to get a note out there to those who were considering it for February 2019.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We saw Larry in Tyler when we were at the rally there. He indicated then that, as many of us know, it is getting more and more difficult to find parks that will take rallies. Sad...

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jay or Jim, y'all might want to pass on to Larry that Whistle Stop RV Resort in Abilene has been quite receptive to hosting our West Texas Chapter Rally, and it is a very nice park that could host a rally his size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Jay or Jim, y'all might want to pass on to Larry that Whistle Stop RV Resort in Abilene has been quite receptive to hosting our West Texas Chapter Rally, and it is a very nice park that could host a rally his size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll drop him a note. Thanks Erika.

Lou_and_Bette

We saw Larry in Tyler when we were at the rally there. He indicated then that, as many of us know, it is getting more and more difficult to find parks that will take rallies. Sad...

Jay, it’s not only rallies but any long term stay. We have an extremely hard time finding a park near our son in Ft. Worth that will give us a reservation for the 6-8 weeks we want to stay there. The usual excuse is they have all the long term sites filled with workers and only have short term (read higher cost) sites available. :mad:

pegmikef

Yeah, I kind of expected that as I was at Coffee Creek a couple of weeks ago and there are a lot more full timers there than there have been in the past.