Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fuel 352 issues?

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Fuel 352 issues?

Quote Originally Posted by mwatts0088 View Post
    YES! I have a Fuel as well. Where to start with all the issues? Letís start with the automatic transfer switch catching fire because the ground wire was installed wrong & shorted out. Luckily I was in the trailer when it burst into flames & was able to get to it by ripping the walls out of the basement before it burned the trailer down. Filled the whole trailer up with smoke but smoke detectors never went off. Thank God we were not asleep. Then thereís the leveling system. Hasnít worked right since new. Sometimes take two hours to decide it wants to level. Twice Iíve been unable to raise the jacks to load up. They just raise one inch & go back down. Then while leveling one day only the front drivers side jack extended with no others. Lifted the whole weight of the trailer on one jack until it ran out of room & then shoved up into the camper slamming the whole rig down on my head because I was under the bedroom on the front controls trying to shut it down since the touch screen would not respond. Still under warrenty but Jmatt RV in OK says it works as it should & refuses to replace it despite the fact they had to order a new jack & repair the damage. Then thereís the super slide. First time out it ran the screw out through the skirt & jammed in the full out position after it scared the interior floor. We were stranded since we could not bring the slide in. Called Heartland & they said call a mobile repair service & weíll reemburse you. Cost me $350...& Heartland never reembursed me then denied the claim on the damaged floor claiming itís the owners responsibility to have the slide adjusted every six months. It was our first outing after purchase. Then thereís the A/C ducts. After taking delivery I realized I had no air from the vents. Upon inspection I found all duct work on both a/cís was terminated six inches too short & not connected to the a/cís allowing all air to flow into the ceiling instead of the ducts. Dealer & Heartland refused to fix it. My big window over the sofa will not close enough to lock & slides open during transport. First time I tried to use the gas side of the water heater it would not light. Dometic determined the control board was bad. Issues with Heartland Fuel??? Yeah, I got issues & both Heartland & my dealer are useless.
    WOW! I'm heading out for the first time next week. I sincerely hope my experience isn't the same. I've had the camper open & plugged in here at home, but haven't tried all the functions. Your post is a wake up call. I'll be going out there today and trying every function. Just an FYI, I started calling up the chain of every Heartland company rep I could get a phone number or email for and got my issues resolved. Good Luck!

2. Print this Post   #12

It really is unfortunate that we have to go through all this to get something fixed that was done incorrectly by the manufacturer. And we are really screwed if you have to deal with CW, it seems like they are all empty suits, I will never buy from them again! I just got done fabricating & installing new supports for the fresh water tank, one was missing another was hanging by two screws & CW couldnt find where they go??? I think everyone should check under the water tank, we always travel with it full & would hate for it to fall out. Now I am removing all the rust on the chassis as CW said thats normal, not even 6 months old should look new. Otherwise we are lucky. I hope, you just have to keep an eye on everything. Good luck.

3. Print this Post   #13

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade1LI View Post
    It really is unfortunate that we have to go through all this to get something fixed that was done incorrectly by the manufacturer. And we are really screwed if you have to deal with CW, it seems like they are all empty suits, I will never buy from them again! I just got done fabricating & installing new supports for the fresh water tank, one was missing another was hanging by two screws & CW couldnt find where they go??? I think everyone should check under the water tank, we always travel with it full & would hate for it to fall out. Now I am removing all the rust on the chassis as CW said thats normal, not even 6 months old should look new. Otherwise we are lucky. I hope, you just have to keep an eye on everything. Good luck.
    Iím glad you mentioned this. I checked under my Fuel Toy Hauler today & discovered I have no support of any kind under my black water tank. For nine months Iíve been trying to figure out why I cant get the black tank to empty all the way. Always have a couple gallons left in there. Now I know why. The weight of the waste water causes the tank to sag in the middle & water is now sitting lower than the exit pipe. I tried to send a video & photos to Heartland CS & they wonít give me a straight answer about supports that might be missing. Do you have support braces under your black water tank?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2