ATF: North Trail - Water pump runs

Albertg

I get an intermittent burp of the water pump. I realize it's loosing pressure but I can't find any leaks anyplace. At times it happens every 10-15 min. and other times almost not at all. Could it be the check valve in my water pump?
Thanks
Al

danemayer

Yes it could be. I don't think North Trails have the 4-way Anderson Valve, so that pretty much leaves the pump. You can either replace the pump, or add a check valve to the suction side. A press-on Sharkbite 1/2" Check Valve can be obtained online or at many hardware stores. You can also use a ShurFlo check valve.

If you can get to the PEX tubing that comes from the fresh water tank, I'd suggest the Sharkbite fitting. If you have to work with mesh reinforced hose, you might find the ShurFlo easier.

Albertg

Thanks, I'll check and see which way to go, it's not a real issue yet but I'm sure it won't fix itself.
Thanks again
Al

plshilo

We had the same issue....changed the pump, checked everything for leaks & None Found. Well it turned out to be the mixing valve in the wet bay, had bad o-rings. So changed the whole thing at the service center in Elkhart, we were there for other problems. You may want to look there.......Good Luck!!!!!!

plshilo

I don't think I have that, just a shut off for the holding tank.
thanks
Al
Al,
The valve I am talking about has nothing to do with your holding tanks. It is in the wet bay or wherever you switch the water from using city/campground to the fresh water tank.....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Phil, I don't think he has the Anderson valve in his North Trail.

Peace
Dave