Reese elite vs reese signature

cben66

Does anybody know the difference between a Reese elite fifth wheel and a Reese signature fifth wheel?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I believe the Reese elite fifth wheel is the new name for the older Reese signature series fifth wheel..
I have had both of them and now have the B&W Companion.
The B&W is way way better in my opinion. So much easier to operate and it doesn't flop around back there when not hitched to the RV. On a scale from 1 to 10 I give the Reese is a "5" and the B&W is a "11"
Add on my T-Rex bar and safety latch and I give it a "20".

Just my opinion of course

Jerrod

CDN

B and B
I have a Reese Elite, in its third truck and second fifth wheel. When empty I tie the head back with a ratchet strap to be able to roll the tonneau cover over it. I have had no problem with mine.

SLO

I have the Elite hitch. The Elite is an under bed rail system, and puck hitch system. Not sure about the Signature hitch but I think it’s an above bed rail system. When I bought my 2012 Ram it didn’t come with the puck option so I install the under bed system myself. I don’t find anything difficult about the Elite series, I like it. It was about the only below bed rail system at the time so I didn’t have much choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

Does anybody know the difference between a Reese elite fifth wheel and a Reese signature fifth wheel?

I have a Reese 16K w/ 4-way swivel head that I bought used few years back and it worked much better than the non 4-way head it replaced. Bought new coach last year that's much heavier than old coach, so upgraded hitch to B&W 18K Patriot. If your still looking for a Reese hitch, let me know (been in back shed since spring'17).

dave10a

I have the Reese 20K single jaw(which I prefer) which has served me well and never worried about while towing. It was a little tricky to un-hook with ease. But after I learned to use it, it is becomes easy. Another trick is to read the user manual which explains how to properly use it. That is something that would have saved me a lot of experimentation :) However, I am looking at this hitch http://www.blueox.com/trailer-towing/super-ride/ which seem too good to be true. It is easy to use, light weight for easy removal, works with shortbeds and has the ability to minimize chucking and absorb road shock. It might be a enhancement/replacement of my present TrailAir for my next trailer.

pegmikef

I used the Reese Elite 18K for 42,000 towing miles with no problems and people have been surprised at how smooth the ride is when towing (Morryde pinbox). I now have the 25K version and it is just as smooth. I initially bought it as it was one of a very few that fit the Ford fifth wheel towing factory prep pucks. I can't give a comparison to other hitches as these are the only ones I have used.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have the Signature Series bought new for my 2007 Bighorn, works great. I believe the Elite is just a rename ,I see no difference in the two.