Anything wrong with leaving my camper plugged in year round?

rdbrett

I have it stored in a non-headed shed, so it is out of the elements. After I winterize it, is there anything I should be aware of when leaving plugged in? I figured this would help my battery.....I used to remove it before I got this camper. Thanks for any input.

danemayer

You'll want to check the water level in the battery every month or so. You may not need to add any, but if the water gets boiled off for some reason, you may end up buying a new battery.

pegmikef

I have always left my rigs hooked to power year round at home when not in use. Never had an issue.

jerryjay11

Yep! I leave mine plugged in all the time so in case I want to fiddle with something during the winter I can plug in an electric heater while fiddling. In a year's time I only had to add maybe an ounce of distilled water to the battery.

RossRagan

I have it stored in a non-headed shed, so it is out of the elements. After I winterize it, is there anything I should be aware of when leaving plugged in? I figured this would help my battery.....I used to remove it before I got this camper. Thanks for any input.
Did you ever get any responses? I leave mine plugged in all year but disconnect the batteries. In the winter, I bring the batteries in the house but leave the unit plugged into shore power with a cover over the trailer. I don't know how well the onboard charger monitors or regulates a trickle charge so I'm afraid of over-charging and my battery going dry, ruining the battery.

oops...now that I replied, I see the other responses. Have a great summer!

sengli

I know on my deep cycle batteries, they required water to be added, at least a couple of times a year. The water level goes down a lot faster in the summer.