Front cap trim

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
There is a black strip/trim piece that runs all the way around the front cap where it attaches to the rv. Can someone please tell me how that piece is held on? I have a leak that is causing minor delam and it looks to me like the caulking is all that is holding it on but I wanted to make sure.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Call me and I'll explain it.
7f483ccd455f90afb543fc6886e4c114.jpg
380dc977c1cfb917d36f3a06f595c2a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Mike - be careful if removing the rubber strip that covers the screws on the front/rear caps. If those strips are painted, the paint will likely flake.

The white rubber strips are generally colored in the material itself. Test it under the rear cap by removing a foot or two and flexing it to see if it flakes.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Mike - be careful if removing the rubber strip that covers the screws on the front/rear caps. If those strips are painted, the paint will likely flake.

The white rubber strips are generally colored in the material itself. Test it under the rear cap by removing a foot or two and flexing it to see if it flakes.

Thank you for the heads up on that. I do not think mine are painted but I will double check. Thank you Jerrod for the phone call and advice. I appreciate it.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No problem.
Mine are supposed to be painted and they didn't crack so who Knows if they are or not !!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

No problem.
Mine are supposed to be painted and they didn't crack so who Knows if they are or not !!!

Yours being white, I doubt they're painted as that's likely a standard color. Mine is exactly the same dark color as the painted cap and end of coach - gotta be painted.