Dish satellite connections

Jeleben12

I have a 2019 4005, ran the coax directly to the dish Wally box, hdmi to tv, worked great. Unhooked coax and hooked it up to all 4 connections one at a time in the UDC. Nothing works, no signal to TVs. Tried all connections in the living room and the 1 connection in the bedroom. Also turned off the tv amplifier. Any ideas? Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You may have a setup, probably in the front bedroom, where you will need to change a short coax jumper to view from a satellite signal.

Peace
Dave

david-steph2018

Look in the UDC on the door, above your head is a diagram of the hookups. At least on the Road Warrior that is where it was located. To trace the wires I purchased a tool from Lowes. I can get the name of it tomorrow after I get back from doctor appointment. Basically what it does is you place a sensor on the outlet next to the tv. Then you hook up the device to the outlet in the UDC. Now there are 4 different color sensors so you can check each station and find out which UDC connection goes to which tv.
But we still can not get our tv in the living room to work thru the UDC. The wire behind the UDC is orange the wire coming to the tv is gray. I think there is a splitter or something in line that was not hooked up. I need to look for it one of these days

gasman

Camp Socializer
My Big Country has a splitter on the cable/antenna coax behind the basement wall. The satellite coax is one piece from the UDC to the main TV. Check each fitting to make sure none of the little ground wires are contacting the copper core wire.