ATF: Mallard - Winter Camping and Storing

I know I have an enclosed underbelly in the 2019 Mallard M280. But is it set up to keep the underbelly warm with just the interior heating unit on while camping?
I've seen suggestions of 60 - 100 watt lights being left under the camper to keep it warm.
Also, it is going to be in the upper 20s at night later this week for a few nights. Do I need to blow out the lines and drain the water heater if it's not being used during this time?
Is there anything specific I should know about my RV regarding winterizing?

Thank you.

danemayer

I know I have an enclosed underbelly in the 2019 Mallard M280. But is it set up to keep the underbelly warm with just the interior heating unit on while camping?
I've seen suggestions of 60 - 100 watt lights being left under the camper to keep it warm.
Also, it is going to be in the upper 20s at night later this week for a few nights. Do I need to blow out the lines and drain the water heater if it's not being used during this time?
Is there anything specific I should know about my RV regarding winterizing?

Thank you.
Hi Ladybowers,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you run your furnace with the thermostat set at around 70, the furnace will pump some warm air into the underbelly; perhaps enough to protect the tanks and water lines from freezing if temps get down to the upper 20s. You do need to consider that the furnace uses quite a bit of propane. If you run out of propane, things will freeze.

If the water heater is ON, it will keep the water in the tank hot and protected from freezing. If it's OFF, you'll need to empty it. If plugged into shore power, you can run the water heater on electric and propane supply won't be an issue.

If you're not using the trailer, you should fully winterize it to protect from damage. Consult our owner-written Winterization Guide for more information.

If you are staying in the trailer, consult our Water Systems Winter Usage Guide for helpful information.

sengli

The enclosed under belly isnt insulated at all. The first runs that often freeze are the ones to the kitchen sink, so keep an eye on them.