Thinking of Upgrading

Aero_Dave

Hello everyone. My wife & I are thinking of upgrading this spring to our future Full-Timer 5'er.
I was looking at the 2019 Big Country 3965DSS. Anyone in here have this unit? I'd love to
hear about it. Any ideas if ya'll think this would make a good full-timer 5'er? I'd like to get it
this spring and put a couple of years under its belt and work out all the kinks and mod's I'd like
to do before we go FT.

Thanks,
Dave...

2015 Ram 3500 CTD, Aisin, LB, CC, 4x4 Dually
2016 29.5 BHDS Jayco Eagle HT

Last edited by a moderator:

bishgeo

We bought one in September at camping world myrtle beach. Very poor quality control. Panels falling off warped wall panels most cabinet doors don't close right. Screen door an inch too small for door opening won't even come close to latching. Slide out support arms loose bolts and missing washers. Cable won't work on any tv had to run cable thru window. Lost all 12 v power second day we had it. Had to call mobile repair guy out $150 service call for a 6.95 fuse. Not impressed at all for a $110.000 dollar unit. Should have kept my 13 yo Montana. 😡

meagle

Good friends of mine just traded their Big Horn for a new Grand Design Solitude due to similar problems. Per the couple "there is a day and night difference in the quality control." They told me that they have had very few warranty issues and the few they did have were only cosmetic on the new Solitude.

Kbvols

Well for the sake of being fair and balanced I have not experienced any issues with my 2018 Big Horn 3575 thus far. We have used it for 2 seasons thus far and love it. The only issue Thus far was a loose ceiling trim which was an easy fix. We did a thorough PDI which the dealer fixed some minor items and that was it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

Look at all the available manufacturers, especially below the surface, and make your own tough decision. For me, the fun part is looking at all the new rigs and alternate features. Solitude seems to be grabbing a chunk of the market. I would look for a coach that has the availability of disk brakes and perhaps independent suspension. Look behind the curtain to see overall construction quality. Have fun.

Oldelevatorman

We found this book helpful when we started the search for our first fifth wheel!
d935b9c22dfb07212a7558d0c326e946.jpg

We almost bought a Solitude but the same dealer had the Landmark and there was simply no comparison. We like the Big Horns too but liked the Landmark a little better for our needs. We bought a ‘17 Landmark Newport. It’ll be 2 years in March of our full timing adventure and we love it. We’re happy with our Heartland! Like others have said, look at everything in your price range, on top, inside and underneath. We have disk brakes and will have independent suspension installed next year at MorRyde in Indiana before the Heartland National Rally! Good luck in your search and we’d be happy to have you in the Heartland family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMP

My bride and I have been FT in our 2016 Newport Landmark 365 for a couple years now. Only issues we have had is the D-Seals (crap), gear rollers on the two main slides, and my main awning motor needed to be replaced. I upgraded to MorRyde IS and pin box after purchase and installed GY G114 H tires.

CoveredWagon

We’ve owned our 3279rs for two seasons. So far no problems, knock on wood. I attribute some of that to the fact that ours was built in February. My guess is the workers aren’t in a big rush to get out the door during the winter months. We had a couple of little issuse with door frames but those were corrected before we left the dealership. Here’s hoping.

NYSUPstater

We bought a 3560SS in March '17 (took delivery in May '17). Had 2 issues, 1 I took care of via help from this forum, 2nd HL took care of. Although we don't full time, we are very happy w/ the coach and no problems. She is a heavy coach no doubt, but have heard that translates into a better coach cuz it's not bouncing as much. As for QC and workmanship, really nothing to complain about. All mfrs use the same things. I agree with the one post that it probly makes a difference when the coach is being made. We were considering staying with Cedar Creek before we looked at the BC. CC really didn't have the right floorplan and would not have been happy overall by "trying to make it work". Whereas, we really liked the floorplan of the BC. Grand Design certainly has garnered a lot of attention, and be interesting to see how they fair in coming years.

We have had our Big Country since 2015.
The only real issue with it was the living room air conditioner had to be replaced, but that was a dometic issue .

Restofrank

We’ve owned our 3279rs for two seasons. So far no problems, knock on wood. I attribute some of that to the fact that ours was built in February. My guess is the workers aren’t in a big rush to get out the door during the winter months. We had a couple of little issuse with door frames but those were corrected before we left the dealership. Here’s hoping.

Dave, you might be right ours was built on April 4th and I can say our 3270RS has been a very reliable and trouble free. I always tell people owning a trailer is like owning a house you have to keep your eyes open for any surprises. I feel that Heartland builds a good trailer.

carl.swoyer

We found this book helpful when we started the search for our first fifth wheel!
d935b9c22dfb07212a7558d0c326e946.jpg

We almost bought a Solitude but the same dealer had the Landmark and there was simply no comparison. We like the Big Horns too but liked the Landmark a little better for our needs. We bought a ‘17 Landmark Newport. It’ll be 2 years in March of our full timing adventure and we love it. We’re happy with our Heartland! Like others have said, look at everything in your price range, on top, inside and underneath. We have disk brakes and will have independent suspension installed next year at MorRyde in Indiana before the Heartland National Rally! Good luck in your search and we’d be happy to have you in the Heartland family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine is a 2012 Landmark Rushmore. I've made it my own by adding and changing to fit our needs. I'm very happy.
And I have to give that credit to Jim Fenner,

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk