Build sheet

bishgeo

How can I get a copy of the build sheet. What exactly is supposed to be installed. Didn't have one with it.

RDsStudio59

Call Heartland Cutomer Service Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fridays 8am-4pm EST (please be sure to have the last six of your VIN for faster service).call customer service at 877-262-8032

Be safe and well. See you down the road.

bishgeo

Thanks seems like every big country big horn and everything else has a step light except mine. WTH.

Last edited by a moderator:

bishgeo

Even the brochure says step light stardard equipment. For $110,000 a step light should not be an add on item. 😡😳

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Is there no physical light by the steps or is there a light with no way to turn it on?

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Even the brochure says step light stardard equipment. For $110,000 a step light should not be an add on item. 😡😳

I doubt a build sheet would speak to the step light. You'll be better off if you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Btw, with many of the new rigs coming with the solid steps, I think the space where the step light would go may have been eliminated. If you have the solid steps, I'm wondering if there's even a place for a step light.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Our build sheet makes zero mention of a step light. Ours came with one. I think if that is the biggest issue you have you should count your blessings!

bishgeo

Finally got a reply. Bummer. 😢
As of 3/22/2018 the step light was discontinued on the Big Country line.

There is no step light for this unit.

Due to Heartland's commitment to continuous improvement, we reserve the right to make changes to models, including standards; options; materials; components; colors; fabrics; construction; features; etc. without notice or obligation to Heartland Recreational vehicles.

Heartland Recreational Vehicles
image001.png@01D4A827.34BEFDF0

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wellll, I wouldn’t classify that as continuous improvement, but it should be a relatively easy mod to add one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Sometimes continuous improvement means that when something is added at additional cost, something else is taken away to avoid a price increase.

boatto5er

Got to disagree with you on this one Dan. Taking away the step light is not an improvement. In this case, a minor price increase would be more appropriate if that’s what is needed.

danemayer

Got to disagree with you on this one Dan. Taking away the step light is not an improvement. In this case, a minor price increase would be more appropriate if that’s what is needed.

Gus,

When you consider that there are other changes (which have been left out of the discussion) where things are upgraded or added, in total, it is continuous improvement to the coach. Heartland looks at adding something they believe people want, or something the competition is touting, and they balance the overall cost by taking away something that they believe many people find to be of lower value. Sometimes the takeaways or downgrades are obvious. Sometimes they're not. Will every change be viewed as positive? Not a chance.

Given that many people have no idea that they even have a step light (how many times do we see people asking, "what does this switch do?"), I'm not surprised that Heartland took it out.

We all may have differing opinions about the value of a particular item like the step light. For me, in 8 years I've never found the step light to be very worthwhile. I always used the porch light and more recently installed a higher output, motion sensing, solar powered LED above the door. In addition to lighting the steps, it also lights the outside entry area and door very nicely. And I don't have to remember to turn it on and off.

Of course, others seem to think a step light to be essential. If so, in its absence, I'd suggest using fender tape to stick an inexpensive motion sensing LED somewhere that lights up the steps.

Sure, Heartland could have kept the step light and raised the price. How often do we see people suggest something that would be nice to have and note that it would only cost a few dollars. If Heartland took every such suggestion without balancing overall cost, you'd pretty quickly end up with a DRV price point.

boatto5er

You make good points, but I am one of the ones that really like the step light. I find it adds a bit of ambiance on a dark night without lighting up the whole area.

NYSUPstater

Our BC 3560SS is in storage to which I really cannot get into. Anyways, it was made in late April early May 2018 and it HAS a step light. Not labeled on control panel, was thru trial and error that we found it. Had a friend make me up a label so all is well now. But odd that HL said they discontinued it as of March '18 and ours has it.

On an unrelated note, in the UDC, I just wish HL DID label w/ right ones which handles are which for galley and grey tanks. Probly makes no difference in the long run, but would be nice to know tho.

mlpeloquin

Get an LED yellow side marker light and install it with a switch. It will be a whole lot brighter than the ones installed by Heartland. They do not cost much.

Gary521

If you want one, this would be an easy add. Put the switch on the bottom step riser going to the bedroom.