Poineer RB180 Build quality

I am fairly new to the TT world so thought we would start small and work our way up. I was told Heartland has a good reputation and quality control was pretty good. I am not inexperienced enough to think these things meet the same quality control standards that an automobile would go through. It tows nicely behind my Silverado 1500 and for the most part everything works as it should. The bathroom could be a tad bigger but it has tons of storage so.... My question is that I have found a lot of little things wrong with it that should have been caught before it left the manufacture and was a bit disappointed. Lots of screws were not screwed in all the way. Some were missing all together. The vent in the bathroom was only held on by 2 screws because the rest completely missed the ceiling therefore screwed into nothing. The AC is noisy as **** but I spent 2 years in the Navy so I see it as white noise. There is a lot of extra storage under the bed but there are only two flimsy hinges that hold the particle to the rest of the bed so you can liift it up to access the storage. I had to replace both hinges. Even though the walls are flimsy I have found no evidence of a leak structurally or with the pluming. One question I do have is that the roof is too flimsy to walk on and I have a cover to put on for the winter but not sure how t install a cover without climbing on top of the camper. One thing t know about these and all entry level campers is that these things are just slapped together on the assembly line, given a once over and then shipped out to the dealer. You can count on finding minor issues with them but I assume it's the same way with all entry level campers. I winterized it and spent a day going through the entire thing putting in missing screws and tightening loose ones. Just need to figure out how to get the cover on without walking on the roof and I think the camper will last a few years if not longer. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

danemayer

I am fairly new to the TT world so thought we would start small and work our way up. I was told Heartland has a good reputation and quality control was pretty good. I am not inexperienced enough to think these things meet the same quality control standards that an automobile would go through. It tows nicely behind my Silverado 1500 and for the most part everything works as it should. The bathroom could be a tad bigger but it has tons of storage so.... My question is that I have found a lot of little things wrong with it that should have been caught before it left the manufacture and was a bit disappointed. Lots of screws were not screwed in all the way. Some were missing all together. The vent in the bathroom was only held on by 2 screws because the rest completely missed the ceiling therefore screwed into nothing. The AC is noisy as **** but I spent 2 years in the Navy so I see it as white noise. There is a lot of extra storage under the bed but there are only two flimsy hinges that hold the particle to the rest of the bed so you can liift it up to access the storage. I had to replace both hinges. Even though the walls are flimsy I have found no evidence of a leak structurally or with the pluming. One question I do have is that the roof is too flimsy to walk on and I have a cover to put on for the winter but not sure how t install a cover without climbing on top of the camper. One thing t know about these and all entry level campers is that these things are just slapped together on the assembly line, given a once over and then shipped out to the dealer. You can count on finding minor issues with them but I assume it's the same way with all entry level campers. I winterized it and spent a day going through the entire thing putting in missing screws and tightening loose ones. Just need to figure out how to get the cover on without walking on the roof and I think the camper will last a few years if not longer. Any opinions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi HMCIDC0119,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. While I'm not familiar with the roof system on a Pioneer, in general Heartland's trailers have roofs strong enough to walk on. Other Pioneer owners here on the forum may be able to comment on their experience.

DrewVin

I just recently purchased a 2019 Pioneer BH280 I basically picked it up and put it away for the winter. But we found many problems with it. Mostly just fit and finish type things. Can’t imagine how many more we’re gonna find when we start using it. Before it I had an entry level Salem TT. And the quality on that was so much better then this Pioneer. Should have stayed with them.

Tapatalk
2019 Pioneer BH280
2016 Ford F-150 FX4
Barrie, Ont. Canada

Power247

I've been up on top of our Pioneer a few times installing vent covers and to inspect the roof sealant and it never felt flimsy to me. For no longer than you need to be up there to pull the cover on I can't see you having any issues.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | MM3 tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

jerryjay11

Our RL250 roof has held me with no issues. Even when I was at 265 lbs. I say was. I am now 222 lbs, but the precautions on walking on an RV roof is not to concentrate all your weight in on spot, particularly around the vent or AC areas. Theses are the most vulnerable areas of the roof. Also had a bunch of bugs with ours. Some manufacturer and more critical from the dealer which included an LP line fitting missing and the LP hose for the fridge laying loose in the undercounter area. All bugs are cleared now, most of which I did myself. Good luck and enjoy your rig.