4200 Side porch and thoughts on this model

Jerapais

I am thinking of buying this model and have a question. I just joined saturday and wanna know if people with the cyclone 4200 have difficulties in some campgrounds using side porch. Anything else would be appreciated on this model? THANKS:)

danemayer

Hi Jerapais,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I don't have a Cyclone, but I've wondered the same thing. A while back I asked the Cyclone General Manager about that and he explained that the patio extends the same distance as the awning, so it's not generally a problem.

I'm sure you'll hear from 4200 owners about their actual experiences.

Jerapais

I am thinking of buying this model and have a question. I just joined saturday and wanna know if people with the cyclone 4200 have difficulties in some campgrounds using side porch. Anything else would be appreciated on this model? THANKS:)

thx Dan and or Ann!

LBR

It may exclude you from a handful of preferred sites due to obstacles in the way would be a minor downfall is all.

Another one is your decision to allow it to get rained on/wet when deployed.....or always keep it dry...a personal call for it's longtivity.

Jerapais

It may exclude you from a handful of preferred sites due to obstacles in the way would be a minor downfall is all.

Another one is your decision to allow it to get rained on/wet when deployed.....or always keep it dry...a personal call for it's longtivity.

Thanks LBR. Anyone have any other thoughts on this model, generally speaking?

hboy1

If you don't get much feedback on this forum, try the Cyclone facebook group. You may run into more feedback for this specific model. Ask to be added as a guest while you are shopping.
Good luck!

david-steph2018

We own a Road Warrior 427 and only issue so far has been the length. We need to be selective about sites. I know we would not fit into a campground in Mrtlye Beach (pirate land) because of our size to the point I would be comfortable with it.

Jerapais

We own a Road Warrior 427 and only issue so far has been the length. We need to be selective about sites. I know we would not fit into a campground in Mrtlye Beach (pirate land) because of our size to the point I would be comfortable with it.

thx. So there’s nowhere in Myrle Beach to park it at a campground?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
thx. So there’s nowhere in Myrle Beach to park it at a campground?

Willowtree tree at Longs, SC. Nice park long sites but 20 minutes from the coast

Myrtle Beach Travel Park has mostly pull throughs that would accommodate your length. Width wise you’d be sitting there looking at your neighbor’s sidewall though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

2PawsRiver

We have the 4270, love the side deck and have no problems. The only issue we have with the side deck is that we were told the deck was waterproof and weather was not a concern. After talking with Lippert we were told that leaving the awning out during rain would void the warranty. Kind of a pain, but doable.

Sowie

I have always been able to put out the side patio as it is the same width as the awning. I had rhino liner sprayed on my deck to seal it. So far so good. I have had more issue with enough room to put down rear patio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jerapais

I have always been able to put out the side patio as it is the same width as the awning. I had rhino liner sprayed on my deck to seal it. So far so good. I have had more issue with enough room to put down rear patio.

so with the rhino, you are good with side porch put in rain? Thx

Sowie

Yes I leave it open in the rain. This is my second deck. The water gets in around the bolts drilled through the deck. In other posts I have pictures of it. Spray liner seals bolts and seams.

Jerapais

Yes I leave it open in the rain. This is my second deck. The water gets in around the bolts drilled through the deck. In other posts I have pictures of it. Spray liner seals bolts and seams.

so your original deck with your rig was ruined by rain and you had to replace it?