cold air coming from floor vents

Kathi-27

when furnace is not running get cold air from floor vents. Have good warm air flow when furnace is running so i'm sure that the flex duct doesn't have any leakage so suspect coming from furnace any ideas on how to fix.mainly the long run to living room

2PawsRiver

I know our heat vents into the belly and cargo area.....any chance you left a storage bay door open or a vent on that is drawing air from the belly or cargo bay.

david-steph2018

when furnace is not running get cold air from floor vents. Have good warm air flow when furnace is running so i'm sure that the flex duct doesn't have any leakage so suspect coming from furnace any ideas on how to fix.mainly the long run to living room

Wonder if the flex duct is loose and just in front of the heat vent in basement.

Lou_and_Bette

Kathi, are you getting the cold air flow when the furnace is completely shut down? When our furnace first kicks on, the fan, no flame yet, runs for approximately 45 seconds and then flame ignition occurs and air is heated and moved through the vents. After the set temperature is reached, the flame goes out, and the fan continues to run for another 45 seconds. During these short pre-flame and post-flame fan runs, cold air will be forced through the vents. The pre-flame air is usually cooler than post-flame. I was going to say, you would need a source of low pressure, i.e. an open window, etc., to draw cold air out of the floor vents since cold air moves down. However, I now wonder, is it possible that you heater vents are in the ceiling? Cold air could move down from them if that is the case.

sengli

Unfortunately the only thing between the outside and the bottom of the floors in these rigs is the coroplast barrier, not a seal...and maybe a little insulation here and there. By no means are they a sealed unit. So if its windy, I could see the draft thing being a reality.

Kathi-27

yes its when the furnace is not running. no doors are open. don't think theres any problem with duct work cause when its running it has great air flow. looking at some type of in line back draft that won't disturb air flow. underbelly is sealed up pretty good. may add heat duct to basement also.