New Bighorn 3871FBO

wingnut

New member. Just transitioned from diesel coach to a 5th wheel. Enjoy the space and comfort so far. We are full timers so I have been making repairs for the last week. Mainly water leaks and cabinet issues.

Now I am trying to power down backup camera. No switch and no fuse?

Wingnut

danemayer

Hi wingnut,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so I expect you'll get some feedback on the camera shortly.

Welcome to the Heartland Family.

Lookup the post #12 by TikiDawg on 03/06/2016 on installing a remote control relay for your camera.
He has pictures of how to do it and on his post #18 on 03/14/2016 he has the link for the remote control relay.
I did my 2019 3760EL 2 weeks ago using his instructions and it works perfect.
The relay comes with a key fob for control from TV cab.
The fuse for my camera was #14 tied into the rear living room lights over the couch.

Good luck and again welcome to Heartland

Hockster

Last edited by a moderator:

wingnut

Welcome to the Heartland Family.

Lookup the post #12 by TikiDawg on 03/06/2016 on installing a remote control relay for your camera.
He has pictures of how to do it and on his post #18 on 03/14/2016 he has the link for the remote control relay.
I did my 2019 3760EL 2 weeks ago using his instructions and it works perfect.
The relay comes with a key fob for control from TV cab.
The fuse for my camera was #14 tied into the rear living room lights over the couch.

Good luck and again welcome to Heartland

Hockster

Thanks sounds like plan.

CoveredWagon

New member. Just transitioned from diesel coach to a 5th wheel. Enjoy the space and comfort so far. We are full timers so I have been making repairs for the last week. Mainly water leaks and cabinet issues.

Wingnut

I bought a 12 volt relay from Amazon. Cut a hole behind the mounting plate on the rear of the Rv and slipped it in. Wired it up and its good to go. Two years and still running. I did however purchase the observation camera, so I leave it on from start till stop.

SNOKING

Wingnut

On our 2017 BH3575el the power for the camera came off the drivers side souche light on the rear wall. It appears that you have a light switch in that same area. You might pull the switch out and see if it has an extra wiring on the hot side of the switch that is powering the camera. If so you could put a second switch there. I added another switch the souche base. Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20160831_220323602.jpg
    IMG_20160831_220323602.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 33