Generator starts but won't run

Lynn1130

Sea Foam, Sea Foam, Sea Foam and if the problem is bad fuel that may not help but Sea Foam is not a band aid for cleaning clogged carbs. It works but you have to get it into the fuel system to work. You said you can get it running with the butterfly open. Put more fresh gas in, 5 or 10 gals to mix with what is in there. Add a couple of cans of Sea Foam in the new gas. Start it up with the butterfly open and let it run as long as you can. Tearing carbs and other part apart at this stage of the game is unnecessary until you determine whether it is bad fuel or a plugged carb. Fresh gas and Sea Foam may clear it up. If not then start looking at more expensive and time consuming fixes.

txtinman

Today I decided to take the carb loose to see if I could get it to work. But first I tried to start it. It started easily and ran smoothly for an hour. I guess I have a self healing generator.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Today I decided to take the carb loose to see if I could get it to work. But first I tried to start it. It started easily and ran smoothly for an hour. I guess I have a self healing generator.

Could it be that Jenny has had you work on it before or has seen you work on something and decided,,,, "He ant touching me. Be better to just run and not get any ouches than have to go in for a major ouch for 4--5 weeks or to have intake throat replaced." :rolleyes:

txtinman

I'm not sure what happened, but I'm glad it's working now. I'm parked at my mom's house with no way of charging the batteries without it.

LBR

I'm not sure what happened, but I'm glad it's working now. I'm parked at my mom's house with no way of charging the batteries without it.

My money is on post #11.....for the win! It took me 3 weeks of every-other-day nurturing to get back @100% purring, and that is the only thing I did.....it works!