Dinette slide floor replacement

Skip7547

Good morning . How thick is the plywood floor on the dinet slide ? I have dry rot and I’m thinking of replacing it my self . Any feed back will be good ...thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Re: Dinet slide

Hi Skip7547,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. If you have any questions we have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Would be best to give info as to what unit you have, Landmark, Bighorn??? and year also.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

jbeletti

Good morning . How thick is the plywood floor on the dinet slide ? I have dry rot and I’m thinking of replacing it my self . Any feed back will be good ...thanks

It’s been a while since I’ve checked into it but I know in Landmark, Bighorn and Bog Country, the floors were by Parkland Plastics and we’re 1” thick with a coating on the bottom.

What brand and model year is your unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I purchased a new floor for my bedroom slide. I'll attach a picture of it. I was able to chisel out the water damaged and patch in a piece of hard wood. I still have the replacement floor, but my repair is 3 years old and no issues. So I now have a spare on hand.
3ce8aff832df3b633f2043ba180d1af6.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Be sure to thoroughly cover and seal any exposed edges of plywood flooring you use. Those of us with older rigs are very familiar with floor rot from the edges.

I was fortunate enough to read about it beforehand and made trim to cover the ends of my slide floors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SueJean

Hi Skip,

We're in the "same boat", uh, "different ship" I'm thinking, as we have a 2008 Big Horn with rotted out floors and wall damage on our two main sliders.
:(

I'm in the process of working with an RV repair shop to get them fixed. Tried to do a similar repair as JohnDar, but mine was an epic fail as the slider floor was too rotted to hold up. It's going to cost more than $8K according to their current estimate and that doesn't include any hidden/unseen damages that may be lurking under there.

I'll post more as I learn more, but this is a real "hitch in our "get-along""!

Blessings,

SueJean (& DannyLee)

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
Sue Jean,

What did you guys end up doing about the rotting. Just discovered my fix of years ago has failed and I need to get radical with the repair.

FJ