Slide wipers/seals replacement

SLO

I need to replace some, maybe all, of my slide seals. They are the double seal which is a one piece seal for both inside and outside (there is two wipers on there seals). Heartland says they use seals made by Boyd. These seals are real expensive. AP Products makes these seals also (expensive). Has anyone used the AP seals or any other brand which you might recommend. Lasting 3 1/2 years on my 2016 Bighorn seems like a pretty short life span. And no, I didn’t use conditioner, except once, on the seals. I will next time. Still seems like a short life span. Any feedback is greatly appreciated before I make a decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Some of my D seals seem to wear out on mine after two years. I have not had to replace the sweep seals, but I do have slide toppers that shade them from UV light. Best prices I could find for the D-Seal is on Amazon ($81.14) and Ebay ($79.95) for 35' with free shipping. The sweep is Amazon ($148.93) and Ebay ($144.38) both with free shipping. Search for
[h=1]AP Products 018-312-EKD D Seal for EKD Base, Black, 1x15/16x35[/h][h=1]AP Products 018-341 Black EK Slide-Out 1/2" x 2-3/4" x 35' Seal Base w/2" Wiper[/h]

SLO

Mine is a double wiper seal like this one AP 18-2030-168. It’s a little less than $210 shipped, but come in 14’ lengths. I didn’t see that Steel Rubber had the double wiper seals. Thanks

aatauses

I had to replace my "D" seals and bought them directly from HL---at the time they were very competitive with others.
al
currently in AZ

Oldelevatorman

I’m using AP seals on my Landmark. The factory ones lasted about 15 months. I had a mobile service install new ones, AP, on all three slides. The bedroom slide is doing fine. On the two large slides, kitchen & dining room, the two tops and one of the sides on each were shot after 3 months. AP sent me three new boxes free after the shop that installed them called the manufacturer. I also had a mobile guy come and check the big slides to see that they were working correctly, which they were. I then replaced the bad ones and they lasted maybe a month. I’d say AP seals are junk until someone tells me different. I’m at my whits end with these bulb seals. Any suggestions, I’m here!
Hope everyone had a fine Thanksgiving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO

I’m using AP seals on my Landmark. The factory ones lasted about 15 months. I had a mobile service install new ones, AP, on all three slides. The bedroom slide is doing fine. On the two large slides, kitchen & dining room, the two tops and one of the sides on each were shot after 3 months. AP sent me three new boxes free after the shop that installed them called the manufacturer. I also had a mobile guy come and check the big slides to see that they were working correctly, which they were. I then replaced the bad ones and they lasted maybe a month. I’d say AP seals are junk until someone tells me different. I’m at my whits end with these bulb seals. Any suggestions, I’m here!
Hope everyone had a fine Thanksgiving!

Not what I wanted to hear. Was your problems with just the bulb seals or with the wiper seals as well?

Oldelevatorman

Not what I wanted to hear. Was your problems with just the bulb seals or with the wiper seals as well?

Just the bulb seals, wipe seals are fine. I know I need to have slide toppers installed at some point soon.

Gary F

Thank you Marc for posting the link to the seals. I have three slides looking like this right now. Going to replace the D seals ASAP.

20181110_092701.jpg