New 4115 And Need Some Help!!!

Just took delivery of my new hauler and went directly camping. Now I have some questions I need answered.
1) Fuek gauge and power control system not working. Seems like no power.
2) Furnace will only come on with bedroom thermostat. No heat in garage area.
3) On the slide in/out switch panel there is a switch that says lights. What’s that for?
This will get me started. Any help and suggestions would be great.

jbeletti

Hi Leroy - welcome and congrats on your new coach.

I can answer #2 for you - the furnace can only be controlled by one thermostat, even though the word "furnace" may appear on them all. That said, I haven't heard of the furnace being controlled by an upstairs thermostat before.

danemayer

Hi leroylucky,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

1) Fuek gauge and power control system not working. Seems like no power.

I'm sure another toy hauler owner can comment on the fuel gauge operation.

If by power control system you mean the Precision Control System, that should work to manage overall 120V AC power usage when plugged into shore power or running the on-board generator. In cold weather where the A/C units are not running, it probably doesn't do very much.

2) Furnace will only come on with bedroom thermostat. No heat in garage area.

Only one thermostat controls the furnace - that's normal.

As for the garage, generally the further the area is from the furnace, the less heat you get. If you have warm air coming out of the vent, that may be as good as it gets and a ceramic disc heater could be used to supplement. If you have no air coming out of the vent, there may be a duct that's pinched or not connected at one end or the other.

3) On the slide in/out switch panel there is a switch that says lights. What’s that for?
Perhaps another Cyclone owner can comment.

jbeletti

Leroy, I assume #1 on your list is actually 2 separate items, is that correct (fuel station and power control system)?

There are various levels/versions of the power control system - can you describe yours and give your sense of what power loads it controls/handles/switches? From that, we can likely give you some ideas.

Leroy, I assume #1 on your list is actually 2 separate items, is that correct (fuel station and power control system)?

There are various levels/versions of the power control system - can you describe yours and give your sense of what power loads it controls/handles/switches? From that, we can likely give you some ideas.

The only description of the power control system I can give you is that it is on the side of the fire place and has a display with a select and scroll button. The display is blank.

LBR

The only description of the power control system I can give you is that it is on the side of the fire place and has a display with a select and scroll button. The display is blank.
You should have enough posts with 3...pics would help.

PCS.jpgThis is a pic of the unit that does not come on weather plugged, generator on, or just on the battery.

Attachments

• C8157E89-7514-47DE-A2BB-A29A0FF2DCC8.jpg
    C8157E89-7514-47DE-A2BB-A29A0FF2DCC8.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
If all of your 120V AC devices are working normally, it may be either a connector problem or perhaps a bad display.

So everything works as long as it’s plugged in or generator is running. Once I disconnect or cut the gene off tv’s, Ac/Furnace and all plugs cut off.
What am I missing?

BLR

So everything works as long as it’s plugged in or generator is running. Once I disconnect or cut the gene off tv’s, Ac/Furnace and all plugs cut off.
What am I missing?
All items you mentioned run on AC current.. Not 12 volt except for furnace it runs off of propane & 12 volt so it will still work when not plugged in or running on genie

Sent from BLR Logistics

BLR

Did your dealer do a walk through with you??
All of the questions you have should of been done on a PDI inspection.

If they were not, This forum has Information over load with just a few words in the search bar

Sent from BLR Logistics

Did your dealer do a walk through with you??
All of the questions you have should of been done on a PDI inspection.

If they were not, This forum has Information over load with just a few words in the search bar

Sent from BLR Logistics

Thanks for all your help. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

danemayer

What am I missing?

Once you unplug or cut off the generator, you're running strictly on batteries - 12V DC. So no outlets will work and the Precision Circuits Control screen will be blank. TVs, fireplace, microwave, Air Conditioning, etc all need 120V AC and stop working.

The furnace uses 12V DC, and if you switch on the propane side, so does the water heater. If the furnace doesn't run, either the batteries are depleted or the circuit between batteries and fuse box has been interrupted.

There is a 12V DC mini-circuit breaker with manual reset that sometimes will trip. That prevents any battery power from getting to the fuse box to power the furnace, thermostat, interior lights, water pump, etc. This problem will be masked when on shore power or running the generator because in that case, the Power Converter changes 120V AC into 12V DC to keep the interior devices running.

If you look at the tank monitors test panel, there'll be an indicator for battery level. When on shore power or generator, you'll see 4 lights. When on battery power only, you'll see 3 and sometimes 4 lights. If you have 2, 1 or no lights, you need to check further.

On the Auto-Level control panel, you can cycle the mode to read voltage to exterior components. If the interior test showed no lights, but the Auto-Level panel shows 12V or thereabouts, the circuit breaker has tripped. If you read less than 12V, your batteries are depleted. I've attached some pictures to help you locate the breaker and reset button. The breakers are near the batteries and are covered by a red rubber boot. The wire arrangement on yours will differ, but look for the thickest wires, as shown in the photo.

There's more info in our owner-written Electrical User Guide and in the 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 19
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 15

MikeandDar

Congrats on the new hauler!
We have a 4250 HD and I believe that the switch that says lights by the slide switches controls the awning lights on ours.
Good luck figuring it all out, we have had ours 3 seasons and are still figuring stuff out!
No regrets, these things are awesome!

Happy Trails

Thank you. I’m super stoked about the purchase. Just have some things I need to figure out if it’s operator error or needs to go to the shop. I would hate to pay for someone to tell me that it’s not broken. Pretty much got all my questions answered except the fuel gauge not working and this power control system thing. Thanks everyone for all the help.

Matt750

We have a CY 4007 and I believe you need to hold down the fuel tank gauge selector switch (can’t remember what it’s actually called) to get the fuel gauge to read (2 fuel tanks). On ours, hold the switch down for reading on aft tank and hold switch up for forward tank reading. I can’t remember if the generator needs to be running though for the read out.

jeffdee

As a side note, I have found that my furnace only works from the thermostat in the den. Also, the fan must be set to auto for the furnace to come on.

my fuel gauge woks continuously from 12 volts. If yours is not working you either have lost 12 volt source or the line from the sending unit in the fuel tank is open circuit.

david-steph2018

We have the 2018 Road Warrior 427. Which is a sister unit to the Cyclone.
The fuel gauge issue you need to hold the button down, one way reads the gen tank and the other way reads the toy tank.
On our unit the furnace is controlled by the thermostat in the bedroom next to the bed only.
Yes the garage is cold there is only one vent back there. Look underneath and you will see there is no insulation under the rear of the garage or any coroplast covering either. So the garage is cold on our unit.

On our unit we have 2 battery disconnects one in the front compartment above the batteries. The other cutoff is in the basement on the front wall when you disconnect and park it make sure you turn both off or you can drain the batteries (experience on this).

Ok went back to the dealer and got all the bugs worked out so far.
As far as the fuel gauge, once I filled one of the tanks up past half it started working. I figure that will happen with the other tank.
For the refrigerator not working on 12 volt the circuit breaker on the inverter needed to be reset.
For the power control system thing, there was a loose wire. They removed the face plate and reattached the wire. Working fine now.
Now I need to figure out what inverter/charger to get and how to wire so my outlets work off the batteries.

mlpeloquin

Ok went back to the dealer and got all the bugs worked out so far.
As far as the fuel gauge, once I filled one of the tanks up past half it started working. I figure that will happen with the other tank.
For the refrigerator not working on 12 volt the circuit breaker on the inverter needed to be reset.
For the power control system thing, there was a loose wire. They removed the face plate and reattached the wire. Working fine now.
Now I need to figure out what inverter/charger to get and how to wire so my outlets work off the batteries.

You will need hefty batteries! Over ten amps of 12V to get one amp at 120V with the inefficiency of an inverter to be made up. Your battery or batteries are most likely not going to provide power for very long. You will have to do some power calculations including the inverter inefficiency with the expected power at 120V you want to get out. If all you want to do is run a modern in home fridge it about 1 amp when running so it isn't so bad, but add hair dryer, close washer/dryer, TV, or a propane/AC fridge, etc. then you need to really plan and be realistic.