Cell service

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Howdy!

We had the FMCA Verizon unlimited plan which was worthless after 25gbs. We switched to the new Verizon prepaid unlimited plan. Had it for a few weeks we are well over 100gbs and still streaming. We use it day and night to stream DirecTV Now, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc... It’s one of the best true unlimited plans available now.

” Happy Trails “
Chiefneon

But once everyone switches over to that plan...it will happen.

They told me the same thing about the plan I have now, and there is never a time now when it doesn't slow down when they told me it "might".

I almost switched to that plan a couple of weeks ago and was advised at two different stores and on several Verizon service department calls NOT to switch to it.

By the way...with that new prepaid plan you loose your in-phone hotspot, which I find I use just as much as my Jetpack!

I guess time will tell...

RickL

But once everyone switches over to that plan...it will happen.

They told me the same thing about the plan I have now, and there is never a time now when it doesn't slow down when they told me it "might".

I almost switched to that plan a couple of weeks ago and was advised at two different stores and on several Verizon service department calls NOT to switch to it.

By the way...with that new prepaid plan you loose your in-phone hotspot, which I find I use just as much as my Jetpack!

I guess time will tell...

its an assumption on your part as to the slow down. Verizon’s own spiel states on prepaid they don’t slow it down. Now I’m not saying that the potential to have it happen isn’t there, but I’m willing to cross that bridge when it comes. Right now in 2 weeks of use I’ve burnt 50+ mgs and no slow down.

As to your our statement that you’ll lose your phone hotspot I think you need to go to a company owned store and unfortunately talk to a couple of different people. I say a couple of people as even the company employees aren’t up to speed on the new plans. I gave up on resellers a long time ago and only deal with company owned locations.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
its an assumption on your part as to the slow down. Verizon’s own spiel states on prepaid they don’t slow it down. Now I’m not saying that the potential to have it happen isn’t there, but I’m willing to cross that bridge when it comes. Right now in 2 weeks of use I’ve burnt 50+ mgs and no slow down.

As to your our statement that you’ll lose your phone hotspot I think you need to go to a company owned store and unfortunately talk to a couple of different people. I say a couple of people as even the company employees aren’t up to speed on the new plans. I gave up on resellers a long time ago and only deal with company owned locations.

I was at a company owned store...

It is NOT an assumption...it is fact!