Smelly water from Bathroom cold water tap

drjbb

brownie
We noticed a smell coming from our bathroom sink and it is the water not the drain. We rain water into a cup and smelled it and it stinks but only from this tap and only cold water. Does anyone have any idea????

billd

Sounds like something is caught in the line. I would do a water system sanitation, you can use chorine bleach or Camping World sells a product to do this. I kills any bacteria in the water lines. Once you use this you flush the system out.

Also look under the sink at the water lines and check for anything in the line.

Just my 2 cents.

Bill

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Drjbb, first of all, where is the water coming from? Is it from an outside source like your home,campground or water that is only coming from the holding tank. If it from only the holding tank(fresh water tank) then I would suggest that you flush it out some bleach added. If not, and you are hooked up to an outside source, you may have to install a filter inline with the hose. Best I can tell you at this time. Bob:D:D:eek:

regan

Regan
have you flushed your fresh water tank? Put some bleach in tank, fill and let sit for a couple of hours, then run solution in coach, letting it run through the lines, and out all outlets. Drain, refill with fresh water and repeat. I usually bypass hot water heater, but you can drain that also and make sure it has fresh water. We do this once a year, seems to keep everything fresh.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Well speaking of smelly water, we just had our rig in to fix the unfixable sensors, and now we seem to have a smelly toilet while flushing. I climbed up on the roof and made sure the vent was open, but it didnt solve the problem, after cleaning and sanitizing the black water tank. I searched for Bob and his shennagagins but he was nowhere to be found. I have put chemicals, calgon, detergent, and nothing works.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Well speaking of smelly water, we just had our rig in to fix the unfixable sensors, and now we seem to have a smelly toilet while flushing. I climbed up on the roof and made sure the vent was open, but it didnt solve the problem, after cleaning and sanitizing the black water tank. I searched for Bob and his shennagagins but he was nowhere to be found. I have put chemicals, calgon, detergent, and nothing works.

Are you sure that the vents are clear?? And, are you running the AC?

These tanks are going to smell some...but, it sounds like there is negative pressure in you trailer and it's pulling the stink back into your RV. If the vents were working properly, this should not be happening.

I never had any problems with the venting or smells coming from the kitchen sink until I got my Heartland. I'm currently looking to see if there are power vents that I can install on my rv to make sure there is negative pressure on the black water and kitchen grey water tank.

drjbb

brownie
smelly water

I have sanitized the fresh water holding tank as per directions with bleach but the water from the bedroom tap from holding tank smells. I did check the line and if you let water run for a few minutes you cannot smell it.
It is the water not the holding tank as we poured water into a glass and smelled the glass full of water and it stunk..
Anything else to try I am stumped.
d