Thread: Soft, Sticky, Gooey Roof

1. Print this Post   #1

Soft, Sticky, Gooey Roof

2013 Landmark Key Largo roof is getting soft, sticky and gooey in spots. Any solution to problem?

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Soft, Sticky, Gooey Roof

I did some internet searching and came up with this thread on another RV forum about using a liquid rubber roof product for your decomposing rubber problem. https://www.rv.net/forum/Index.cfm/f...print/true.cfm

I would do some internet searching on "RV Liquid Rubber roof".

I have been doing everything I can to reduce the summer heat problem, and found a guy who recoats RV roofs in my area on Craigs list. We have had some e-mail correspondence, and he mainly advertises the product he uses for sealing the roof against leaks, although he says it really reduces the summer heat inside, too. I think I will have it done in Feb or March, he wants right around $800. A totally new rubber roof can be $5000.

Good luck!!!
    Bill Knight KJ6TBE
    Retired 40 Year Hospital Biomedical Electronics Technician
    Former State Chairman (2000) California Medical Instrumentation Association (CMIA)
    2008 Bighorn 3670RL
    My Bighorn Upgrades
    See:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

2004 Dodge RAM 3500 Cummins 5.9
    B-D Exhaust Brake
    Ride Rite Air Bags
    Valvoline 15-40 High Mileage Diesel Oil
    XDP Diesel Power Plus Fuel Additive

At a Thousand Trails in Southern California

21 Heartland Rallies I Have Attended
    See: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_PRxlhCp1l7IXgiVIBJmCtX3viJ9NaykR8_b81W9CVU/edit?usp=sharing

Thousand Trails Elite Membership

Support this Forum! Join the Heartland Owners Club at the "Owners Club" Tab at the top of this Page!!!
    Remember The USS Liberty . . . Read: http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/margolis12.html
    "The truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth"

3. Print this Post   #3

Same problem, roof was so sticky my shoes got stuck. Call heartland would referred me to Dicor. Talk to Don Metzger customer service for dicor. He ask for photos which l sent. He stated there was a bad batch of roofing material. He offered two options. $1000.00 because he stated it was cosmetic problem or to provide replacement and pay $2750 labor cost. I chose replacement. I also found a place who was very familiar with problem.
    Gene & Song BrandonHOC #1151, 2010 Dodge Lamarie 3500 4X4 SWD Diesel Mega Cab, 2008 Heartland Bighorn 3400RE (gone July 2009)2010 Heartland Bighorn 3610RE (gone July 2010)2011 Landmark Rushmore (I will die with this baby)Well I did not think I would live this long, gone June 2015. 2016 Hearthland Bighorn 3750 FL never say never

4. Print this Post   #4

Quote Originally Posted by sgtbigb View Post
    Same problem, roof was so sticky my shoes got stuck. Call heartland would referred me to Dicor. Talk to Don Metzger customer service for dicor. He ask for photos which l sent. He stated there was a bad batch of roofing material. He offered two options. $1000.00 because he stated it was cosmetic problem or to provide replacement and pay $2750 labor cost. I chose replacement. I also found a place who was very familiar with problem.
    I was lucky. They did a replacement and paid everything, no labor cost limit. I know it did change to the $2750 a few months after I had mine done.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW CC King Ranch
    2014 Landmark Savannah

5. Print this Post   #5

Quote Originally Posted by travlingman View Post
    I was lucky. They did a replacement and paid everything, no labor cost limit. I know it did change to the $2750 a few months after I had mine done.
    Hi travelingman, how long ago did you have this done? I have the same issue. Did it take long to resolve the issue with Dicor?
    Mike & Betty Couwlier
    Full-Timers
    Clinton Township, Mi
    HOC # 1381
    2013 Landmark Key Largo
    2012 F-350 Larait Super Duty Dually

6. Print this Post   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    Hi travelingman, how long ago did you have this done? I have the same issue. Did it take long to resolve the issue with Dicor?
    Did mine 2 years ago. I sent the pictures into Dicor about 11 AM an had an answer by 1 PM. The gentleman I dealt with was Don Metzger, nice guy.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW CC King Ranch
    2014 Landmark Savannah

7. Print this Post   #7

Quote Originally Posted by travlingman View Post
    Did mine 2 years ago. I sent the pictures into Dicor about 11 AM an had an answer by 1 PM. The gentleman I dealt with was Don Metzger, nice guy.

I called him yesterday and got voicemail. Left message. No answer. I called again today. This time I had him paged after a few minutes it went to voicemail. Left another message. So far no answer.
    Mike & Betty Couwlier
    Full-Timers
    Clinton Township, Mi
    HOC # 1381
    2013 Landmark Key Largo
    2012 F-350 Larait Super Duty Dually