Location of converter for 2015 North Trail 22RBK

I think my converter is fried due to inability to charge 12 V battery with shore line plugged in. Need help to locate converter to replace. This is a North Trail Caliber ultra lite 24 foot bumper puller. Any help will be appreciated.

danemayer

Hi precarious,

Unless you've suffered a lightning strike or other electrical mishap, it's more likely that there could be other causes. If the battery was recently removed and replaced, and the connections were put on incorrectly or arced, you may have blown the on-board fuses on the converter. Another very common issue is that the 12V DC mini-circuit breaker near the battery may have tripped and needs to be reset. There's usually a group of breakers covered by red rubber boots. One has a teeny-tiny reset button as pictured below.

As for location, on a North Trail, it may be located behind the circuit breaker and fuse box panel. If the shore power cord plugs in just outside that location, it's very likely to be there.

Attachments

• circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 12
Thank you for info. I will check the reset. What happened was the shoreline cord got plugged into a 240 v breaker instead of 120v. It tripped two 15 amp inside breaker box. Once shoreline plugged in properly, 12 v battery would not charge.

danemayer

Thank you for info. I will check the reset. What happened was the shoreline cord got plugged into a 240 v breaker instead of 120v. It tripped two 15 amp inside breaker box. Once shoreline plugged in properly, 12 v battery would not charge.
If that's what happened, keep checking, but don't be surprised if you fried the Power Converter. You may have also damaged other devices - and sometimes the damage doesn't show up right away.