EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MO, Branson - 5/9/2019 to 5/12/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry and Gayle

retired Missouri Chapter Leaders
Hi Everyone!
Just signed up our 5th couple for the show/dinner. We need 20 people to get group rates. Please let me know if you are interested. I need to give them a down payment by end of month so would like to know I have 20. After that I can change the number up to 48 hours prior to show.

Also getting together some nice door prizes. We have some Unique products donated--they are tank treatments and they are great. We have been using them for 5-6 years. We got a sample at a rally and have been using ever since. Snap Pads have donated a couple of Snap Pads as a door prize--we use them as well. Stuff for ladies as well. Door Lock will also be donating a Locking System--we love ours. That will be our grand prize.

Looking forward to our rally. We do have some first timers so us oldtimers will need to show them how to have a good time.

See you all soon

Larry and Gayle

Az_Ernie

Hi Everyone!
Just signed up our 5th couple for the show/dinner. We need 20 people to get group rates. Please let me know if you are interested. I need to give them a down payment by end of month so would like to know I have 20. After that I can change the number up to 48 hours prior to show.

Also getting together some nice door prizes. We have some Unique products donated--they are tank treatments and they are great. We have been using them for 5-6 years. We got a sample at a rally and have been using ever since. Snap Pads have donated a couple of Snap Pads as a door prize--we use them as well. Stuff for ladies as well. Door Lock will also be donating a Locking System--we love ours. That will be our grand prize.

Looking forward to our rally. We do have some first timers so us oldtimers will need to show them how to have a good time.

See you all soon

Larry and Gayle
Please add the Arganbright's (2) and Perez's (2) to the Show/Dinner list. Thanks!

Larry and Gayle

For those of you that would like more info on the proposed show and dinner I have a link to their website --(https://www.grandcountry.com)
This is the main site. The proposed show is the Grand Country Jubilee which is at 7:30 PM. You will be able to see a few samples of the show under the "Live Shows" heading. The quartet is very good and along the lines of the Oak Ridge Boys. The meal will be the buffet in the evening before the show. Usually has carved roast beef and ham, baked and fried chicken, chicken fried steak, chicken pot pie (my favorite), vegetables, corn puffs (another favorite), salad bar, dessert bar, and fresh baked rolls. Can you tell we eat there a lot--I have the menu almost memorized. Currently 8 couples signed up. This activity is at a cost of $32.00 per person.

Put us down.
Sounds like fun!!
Mark & Peggy Turnbough.

Hi Everyone!

See you all soon

Larry and Gayle

Larry and Gayle

Hi Everyone
We currently have 32 folks signed up for dinner and music show so will put down the deposit. That will be Friday evening. We will caravan over to the venue. We will leave park at 5:45. Dinner will be at 6:00PM and show at 7:45. The venue has several shops and a candy store to keep up occupied between dinner and the show. I have 48 hours prior to the show to make changes to the numbers so if you didn't get signed up and wish to go I need to know prior to Wednesday May 8. Also if you need to cancel, the same applies. I have to have 20 people to get the group rate. I will be paying all the tickets on Wednesday so please let me know prior to that. I will collect the money for the show/dinner on Thursday at the Meet and Greet.

Thursday: many will already be in park but we do have some that will be checking in. We will have coffee and pastries Thursday morning for those who are at the park. You will have the day to explore Branson or just relax in the park and visit will old friends and make new friends. We do have some first time rally folks which is wonderful
At 5:30 we will have our Meet and Greet in the Rally hall. We will have hot dogs/chili dogs, buns, chips, and ice cream. All you need to bring is your favorite beverage.

Friday morning: coffee and pastries
Friday evening: dinner and show

Saturday morning: coffee and pastries
Saturday evening: Pot luck, door prizes, 50-50 drawing. Club will furnish meat. Please bring covered dish to share and you beverage

Sunday: coffee and pastries will be available. Good byes to those leaving today.

Looking forward to a good time with everyone. Excited to share Branson will you. I will start posting some places that might be of interest to you--some are free, almost free, or not freed.

Gayle and Larry

Larry and Gayle

Getting closer to our rally. As I stated earlier I would be posting some other things to see around Branson. For those of you new to the area, one place we always recommend is touring College of the Ozarks otherwise know as "Hard Work U". Students work for their tuition so when they graduate they are not burdened with student loans. There are many sites where the students work--hotel, restaurant, greenhouse, dairy, bakery, museum, grist mill, weaving, and much more. The link to the site is (http://www.cofo.edu/content/visiting.aspx?myID=1564). Best part is the tour is free but you may be enticed into buying some things especially their home made ice cream.

Also have finalized the meat for Saturday night. It will be pulled pork and smoked chicken.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just called the RV Park to sign up, but had to leave a message. Hopefully, they'll call me back this afternoon. We plan on arriving g on May 8 and leave on May 13. We would like to sign up for the Dinner/Show also. I'll post confirmation as soon as I hear back from the park.

EDIT: Well, the park called this morning and, unfortunately, there are no sites left big enough for us to get into. Maybe next year.

Last edited:

Larry and Gayle

So sorry to hear that. I knew they were pretty full but sometimes they have cancellations. There is a KOA less than 1/2 mile from the rally campground if you are interested in joining us. It is pretty nice. Let us know if you decide to do that. Also Treasure Lake is a possibility. Joe and Ann Maxwell are staying there. I believe the cost is $10.00 per night and you could be their guest and get that rate.

Gayle
Just called the RV Park to sign up, but had to leave a message. Hopefully, they'll call me back this afternoon. We plan on arriving g on May 8 and leave on May 13. We would like to sign up for the Dinner/Show also. I'll post confirmation as soon as I hear back from the park.

EDIT: Well, the park called this morning and, unfortunately, there are no sites left big enough for us to get into. Maybe next year.

Larry and Gayle

Branson is home to many beautiful golf courses but this one by Johnny Morris who owns Bass Pro is one of the best. You don't have to golf to enjoy this place. They have an extensive museum of natural history with lots of indian artifact gathered before Table Rock dam caused the water to back up and form Table Rock Lake. You can also do a tour of the area via golf cart. Several years ago a large sink hole opened just below the museum and took our part of the golf course. He is currently excavating this sink hole and is going to build a big lodge around it. As of a couple of week ago they have taken over 17,000 truck loads of dirt and rock out of this sink hole. Looks kind of like a small Grand Canyon. There is a charge for the museum and tour. You can follow this link for information (https://bigcedar.com/attractions/top-of-the-rock)

Thank Gayle and Larry for such a fun evening last night at the Grand Country Resort. A great dinner and an awexome show.
Thank you for all the fun Brenda and I are having at our first Heartland event.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Excellent show, food and friends! Thank you Gayle & Larry for setting this up.

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thank you Larry and Gayle for a wonderful Rally. As new Chapter Leaders, we have picked up some valuable information and are looking forward to applying what we’ve learned.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.