Thread: Ordering a replacement pullout floor

1. Print this Post   #1

Ordering a replacement pullout floor

Ordering a replacement floor (pullout)
    I have a 2008 Sundance Heartland Fifth wheel RV with three slide-outs.

I started by looking at YouTube Videos, talking to others’ and found a possible (DIY) replacement repair using ¾” Marin Plywood (sealed with boat penetrating epoxy) with a PVC-Sheet (.060) on the bottom surface for the sliding bearing surface.
    Before I start such a DIY effort to make my own (better than OEM) replacement floor board I contacted the company that build the many of the flooring for RV manufactured in and around Elkhart, IN. I was asked to call the RV manufactory for the part.

I wrote an email to Heathland RV Part department (MidWestParts@Heartlandrvs.com) requesting a price quote using my RV’s last 6 digit VIN# with locating of the Pullout floor board. The price quote was replied very quickly with the correct size, and cost for only the part with more follow-up questions.

11719 : Floor - Slide Out - 3/4 x 42 1/2 x 96 - w/Bvl- $131.16
    Plus tax and shipping
    If you would like to place an order please respond back to this email with the following information:
    - First and last name
    - Shipping address
    - Contact phone number
    - Quantity needed
    In about 7-14 business days when everything is packed and ready to ship we will call you for payment and let you know the overall total including tax and shipping at that time. [/COLOR]

It took about two more follow-up emails requesting some type of an Est. for freight. When I was talking to one of the RV Floor Builder their Est. was be more in the $250.00 range. I even did my own freight quote online with an average cost around $350, but I sure the Mfg. have a contract with the freight company for a discounted rate. My follow-up emails was answered with “Rough” Est. to be shipped to 85742 (Tucson AZ.)

Rough estimate for shipping is around $125.00

Total Est. Cost for the part, rough Est. plus ~ 8.5 Tax = $267, not bad!

I’m wondering from anyone else your experience in ordering a pullout floor board part form HEARTLAND RV Part department?

Does the price for shipping seem too good to be true?

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Ordering a replacement pullout floor

Quote Originally Posted by bataradena View Post
    Ordering a replacement floor (pullout)
    I have a 2008 Sundance Heartland Fifth wheel RV with three slide-outs.

I started by looking at YouTube Videos, talking to others’ and found a possible (DIY) replacement repair using ¾” Marin Plywood (sealed with boat penetrating epoxy) with a PVC-Sheet (.060) on the bottom surface for the sliding bearing surface.
    Before I start such a DIY effort to make my own (better than OEM) replacement floor board I contacted the company that build the many of the flooring for RV manufactured in and around Elkhart, IN. I was asked to call the RV manufactory for the part.

I wrote an email to Heathland RV Part department (MidWestParts@Heartlandrvs.com) requesting a price quote using my RV’s last 6 digit VIN# with locating of the Pullout floor board. The price quote was replied very quickly with the correct size, and cost for only the part with more follow-up questions.

11719 : Floor - Slide Out - 3/4 x 42 1/2 x 96 - w/Bvl- $131.16
    Plus tax and shipping
    If you would like to place an order please respond back to this email with the following information:
    - First and last name
    - Shipping address
    - Contact phone number
    - Quantity needed
    In about 7-14 business days when everything is packed and ready to ship we will call you for payment and let you know the overall total including tax and shipping at that time. [/COLOR]

It took about two more follow-up emails requesting some type of an Est. for freight. When I was talking to one of the RV Floor Builder their Est. was be more in the $250.00 range. I even did my own freight quote online with an average cost around $350, but I sure the Mfg. have a contract with the freight company for a discounted rate. My follow-up emails was answered with “Rough” Est. to be shipped to 85742 (Tucson AZ.)

Rough estimate for shipping is around $125.00

Total Est. Cost for the part, rough Est. plus ~ 8.5 Tax = $267, not bad!

I’m wondering from anyone else your experience in ordering a pullout floor board part form HEARTLAND RV Part department?

Does the price for shipping seem too good to be true?
    That's about what I paid.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

3. Print this Post   #3

Re: Ordering a replacement pullout floor

We made our own piece. When all was said and done, it would have been about the same as ordering from HL including freight.
    /Jeramey