Entry doors screen door fitment

Dave_Jari

We have 2018 RR 427. The screen doors on both the front and rear entry doors have huge gaps at the radius at the tops, making them pretty useless for keeping insects at bay. Is this normal? If I put pressure on latch side of door upward, gap gets better but not good. Should I be asking for warranty work/replacement or are they all like this? Thanks in advance for your input.

'Lil Guy'

We have 2018 RR 427. The screen doors on both the front and rear entry doors have huge gaps at the radius at the tops, making them pretty useless for keeping insects at bay. Is this normal? If I put pressure on latch side of door upward, gap gets better but not good. Should I be asking for warranty work/replacement or are they all like this? Thanks in advance for your input.

I would certainly expect the screen door to do its job. They should seal to keep out the bugs. Certainly, someone with your type of rig will chime in.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take photos and then call HL Customer Service with your VIN. If there are an part number tags on the doors, make note of them. Who knows, maybe they put the wrong ones on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

We looked at a 2018 new BH3760, and had money down on it to buy. The exterior door and the screen were the same way, it wasnt centered in the door opening. As matter of fact the screen door frame already had two previous sets of drilled holes in it, where they attempted to fix the alignment issue, I assume during the build at the factory. The dealer was just going to order a whole new door, especially after I pointed out how many mounting holes were already in the frame. There just wasnt any "meat" left in the aluminum frame to drill anymore holes into.

Found several other things, so we walked on that unit.

david-steph2018

Dave our 427 does not have that issue with the doors.
But have you figured out a screen door for the patio door yet???

We tried the TV verision of screen with the magnets on it, don't waste your time with it does not work good.
We have seen a door at Lowes and we are going to take the Road Warrior over to look at it after we gwt it back from Affinity RV.
If you come up with a good thought for the patio door screen let everybody know.

Dave_Jari

Dave our 427 does not have that issue with the doors.
But have you figured out a screen door for the patio door yet???

We tried the TV verision of screen with the magnets on it, don't waste your time with it does not work good.
We have seen a door at Lowes and we are going to take the Road Warrior over to look at it after we gwt it back from Affinity RV.
If you come up with a good thought for the patio door screen let everybody know.

David-steph2018,
My thoughts were a patio door screen. They are aluminum frames that can be separated easily, cut down to a correct size with mitre saw, and then rue screen it. Could easily manipulate and install the roller tracks the same way. Adding almost no weight to rig, and should fit the area available. Possible downside is rail system against when traveling. Haven't taken any measurements yet, but that's what I was pondering.

Dave